Week 7 Other Games GDT

SteelKing728

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What games could help out the Vikings this week?

It starts with Arizona vs New Orleans.

That game certainly is irrelevant since Arizona is terrible and the Vikings already have the H2H over the Saints.  I don't think there's really a game on the schedule that's truly relevant to the Vikings...the closest is probably the Lions-Cowboys, as that might mark the return of Dak Prescott, so we'll have to see how he does, since the Vikings will see him in about a month.

Packers-Commanders will be interesting too, but if the Packers can't beat them, I don't know what will happen to them, as this division could then be over by early December.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That game certainly is irrelevant since Arizona is terrible and the Vikings already have the H2H over the Saints.  I don't think there's really a game on the schedule that's truly relevant to the Vikings...the closest is probably the Lions-Cowboys, as that might mark the return of Dak Prescott, so we'll have to see how he does, since the Vikings will see him in about a month.

Packers-Commanders will be interesting too, but if the Packers can't beat them, I don't know what will happen to them, as this division could then be over by early December.

I'd argue that any matchup involving the NFCW and NFCS divisional leaders is relevant. Would be nice to gain another game for the #2 seed.

If the Seahawks beat the Chargers they'd be 4-3
If the 49ers beat the Chiefs they'd be 4-3
If the Bucs beat the Panthers they'd be 4-3
If the Falcons beat the Bengals they'd be 4-3

Wouldn't be the end of the world with them all at 4-3 but 3-4 would be a heck of a lot better!

Vikings should be 7-1 entering their matchup against the Bills. If they do that, we'll learn a lot about this team based on their performance against the Bills.

• Like 4

Getting the #2 seed doesn't give you anything this year, since you'll still be playing at home the first weekend...and in this conference, I'm not sure seeding is going to matter at all, because any of them could beat any other one, so my only goal is to win the division and get a home game.  

• Like 3

Commanders quarterback Taylor Heinicke is going to be short on receiving targets in his first start of the season, as the final injury report of the week shows the team will be down at least two pass catchers.

Wide receiver Dyami Brown (groin) and tight end Logan Thomas (calf) have been out of practice all week and they were officially ruled out on Friday.

The offense may also be missing wide receiver Jahan Dotson (hamstring). Dotson missed the last two games and aggravated the injury during practice on Thursday. He did not practice at all on Friday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/21/commanders-rule-out-dyami-brown-list-jahan-dotson-as-questionable/

posted by a GB fan today:

Quarterbacks with higher cap hits than Rodgers this year:
Tannehill, Mahomes, Cousins, Goff.

Players actually paid more than Rodgers this year (cash spent):
Stafford, Wilson, Allen, Watson.

Number of those quarterbacks playing worse than Rodgers:
Wilson.