Week 7: Browns @ Ratbirds

MWil23

Who Wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• LOL
    • Seriously, are you looking for another option?
    • Nobody cares, Sundays are for things other than football this year
    • Let's all futilely hope Joe Woods gets fired after this game

Another game, another disappointment.

Special teams are definitely special.  50 something yard punt return and a blocked kick today.  False start (allegedly).

Defense played its best game of the year.  Allowed 23 points and had one takeaway… meh.

Officiating was… whew boys…

Offense has no teeth outside of Chubb.

Still in it, but man, need to get it together and now

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right from a “we’re not gonna make the playoffs” perspective, not from a lockeroom or culture perspective.

you can’t start selling when you’re one game out of first lol.  What are we doing here?

And who would we even trade besides Hunt? He's about the only one who could get traded and that's only because he's on an expiring deal and we have a stud in Chubb, a very good backup in Johnson and a promising rookie in Ford. There's no on else who would even make sense to trade.

Anyway, I'm still not over the atrocious officiating. And the NFL is so rigged that they didn't even talk about it on the post game show on CBS.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

And who would we even trade besides Hunt? He's about the only one who could get traded and that's only because he's on an expiring deal and we have a stud in Chubb, a very good backup in Johnson and a promising rookie in Ford. There's no on else who would even make sense to trade.

Clowney?  Greedy perhaps?

Not that I see any upside in any of it.  Just wait and get the comp pick/s.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Anyway, I'm still not over the atrocious officiating. And the NFL is so rigged that they didn't even talk about it on the post game show on CBS.

I don’t think it’s rigged.  Rigging games takes being clever and coordinated.  I don’t think they have that ability tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

I’ve wanted to move him the moment we drafted Ford.

I was willing to see how it went, like if he and Chubb could carry us early this season, but he’s done nothing.  Doesn’t look interested or like himself tbh and it’s 7 games in. Just move him.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I think we should move Clowney at this point too.

I think it’s worth considering depending on what you can get.  Give the rookies some snaps and hope it pays dividends next season.  I’d probably need a 2 or maybe a couple mid rounders tbh.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think it’s rigged.  Rigging games takes being clever and coordinated.  I don’t think they have that ability tbh.

Maybe not rigged, just incompetent. But it feels like it's always certain teams getting the benefit of bad officiating (Green Bay, Baltimore, Dallas, etc.) and the same teams getting screwed (us, Detroit, etc.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@MWil23 you enjoy seeing that “wasted first round off ball LB” aka Patrick Queen bend us over and push our ish in today?

Yeah. LOL, those suckers. Phillips was so good we took him off the field for some dude that wore #54 and whose name I don't know that looked like a plodding DT.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s worth considering depending on what you can get.  Give the rookies some snaps and hope it pays dividends next season.  I’d probably need a 2 or maybe a couple mid rounders tbh.

Clowney is a possibility too, but a small one, IMO. And agreed, I'd want at least a day two pick and I doubt any team gives that up for an often injured player on a one-year deal. Rather just keep him and either resign him or collect a comp pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah. LOL, those suckers. Phillips was so good we took him off the field for some dude that wore #54 and whose name I don't know that looked like a plodding DT.

Deion Jones. So I'll give him a pass for not looking great since he's been on the team for like two weeks lol

• Like 1