Packers Trade For Nobody Day 557

MacReady

Just now, Packerraymond said:

WR made sense because they'd be on next year's roster, on a rookie deal. Next year's FA class is brutal. It will take a trade or early round DP to improve that room now.

Don't worry, by March we'll be reading articles from the Sentinel and Press Gazette that Watson, Doubs and Toure are all breaking out as stars. Problem solved. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If they gave a **** about 12 anymore they would've bought something today. There's 9 more games left of him here. Who cares his thoughts?

Easy to say when you don't have to deal with the man every day lol. They can take the sell off approach in the offseason if they so choose if what you assume is true.

Just now, packfanfb said:

Don't worry, by March we'll be reading articles from the Sentinel and Press Gazette that Watson, Doubs and Toure are all breaking out as stars. Problem solved. 

I'm totally fine re-signing Lazard and drafting another one high, so long as we clear the slate on the defensive coaching staff and actually play defense for a change. WRs don't win titles. However we're so banged up there, we needed one this year. So we passed up 3 first round picks for 8-9, sweet.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

WR made sense because they'd be on next year's roster, on a rookie deal. Next year's FA class is brutal. It will take a trade or early round DP to improve that room now.

They just have to lie in the christian watson bed they made I think.  for better or worse, he's the commitment at playmaker they made.

Another DP makes a lot of sense, or a trade using that draft slot.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Easy to say when you don't have to deal with the man every day lol. They can take the sell off approach in the offseason if they so choose if what you assume is true.

Sure, it's a massive failure from the big 3 anyway you look at it. We passed up monster draft capital, pushed more cap into the future, we suck, and we did nothing to improve. So are we rebuilding or contending? The answer is, who knows? That's the kind of answer ****ty organizations give, not the Green Bay Packers. We're squarely in the purgatory I used to pity other teams fanbases for being in.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm totally fine re-signing Lazard and drafting another one high, so long as we clear the slate on the defensive coaching staff and actually play defense for a change. WRs don't win titles. However we're so banged up there, we needed one this year. So we passed up 3 first round picks for 8-9, sweet.

That's how it worked out, but it could have gone another way.  I think this team had promise, it just really underperfomed pretty much across the board.