2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He has a $15 million cap hold and they've already said the plan is to re-sign him. If they traded 3 2nds for 3 months of Rui Hachimura...wow.

The plan has to have pivoted based on that trade. I'm not saying a crazy amount; McDermott is on a very reasonable deal and the other 2 are free agents.

I didn't see that they said they plan to resign him, I'm surprised that they'd sacrifice a potential max slot for Rui to be honest. 

The Lakers really have zero direction right now. We have a bunch of pieces that could help them but I don't think they're willing to give us the draft capital that we'd want in return.

I saw a report a couple weeks ago that LeBron could force his way out this summer though.

Edited by NYRaider

The notion of any NBA team fortunate enough to employ LeBron James, the most dominant player of the past 20 years, considering peddling his services in a trade sounds ludicrous. But if circumstances around James’ current team, the Lakers, continue on their current path, that could be the next step for James. According to executives around the league, multiple teams are at least preparing for the possibility that James will seek to force a trade this summer as he, having just turned 38, looks to finish his career in a winning environment. And unlike this past offseason, in which teams were blindsided by the trade demand lodged by star forward Kevin Durant on the eve of free agency, front offices around the NBA will be prepared for James’ potential move.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I didn't see that they said they plan to resign him, I'm surprised that they'd sacrifice a potential max slot for Rui to be honest. 

The Lakers really have zero direction right now. We have a bunch of pieces that could help them but I don't think they're willing to give us the draft capital that we'd want in return.

They couldn't get a max slot. They could get a good chunk, but not a max. It's not exactly a great FA class either, so I'm thinking what they're doing now is essentially trying to get ahead of the FA class by making some trades to fill out the roster now and get to the playoffs this season as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

They couldn't get a max slot. They could get a good chunk, but not a max. It's not exactly a great FA class either, so I'm thinking what they're doing now is essentially trying to get ahead of the FA class by making some trades to fill out the roster now and get to the playoffs this season as well.

I could see that but damn they're just in a weird spot right now.

15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

He's not a good player. Meh is exactly how you should feel. Even though he didn't cost much, the Lakers have limited assets and sending 3 2nds for him with his upcoming free agency is a weird decision.

He's not an impactful defender, he doesn't make plays for others, and he's a very underwhelming rebounder at the 4. He has limited history of being a positive 3P shooter considering his low volume of attempts.

The Lakers got bigger, but that's about it. I feel like 3 2nds could have gotten a much better fit than Rui provides.

I feel pretty meh about it.  Doesn't really move the needle for the Lakers, but I don't 3 SRPs was moving the needle.  Plus, I think the trade market is going to be really slow this year with all the trade demands out there.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I feel pretty meh about it.  Doesn't really move the needle for the Lakers, but I don't 3 SRPs was moving the needle.  Plus, I think the trade market is going to be really slow this year with all the trade demands out there.

The list of potential guys on the move this year is terrible.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The list of potential guys on the move this year is terrible.

Feels like the asking price for some of these veterans are outrageous.  I mean, I saw the Pistons want to 2 UNP picks for Bogey.  Spurs want 2 FRPs for Poeltl.  Those just aren't realistic asking prices.  I'm hoping that's basically those teams unrealistic asking price, and they move into more realistic asking prices.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Feels like the asking price for some of these veterans are outrageous.  I mean, I saw the Pistons want to 2 UNP picks for Bogey.  Spurs want 2 FRPs for Poeltl.  Those just aren't realistic asking prices.  I'm hoping that's basically those teams unrealistic asking price, and they move into more realistic asking prices.

The Raptors were reportedly offered 3 FRPs for OG but they want 2-3 unprotected picks and a player. It's still amazing to me that we traded Bogey for Olynyk and now he's likely getting moved for a FRP.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Raptors were reportedly offered 3 FRPs for OG but they want 2-3 unprotected picks and a player. It's still amazing to me that we traded Bogey for Olynyk and now he's likely getting moved for a FRP.

The quality of picks is important.  Getting 3 projected late FRPs isn't very valuable.  For all that we know, that could have been Indianapolis offering the CLE FRP, BOS FRP, and their own FRP (with protections).  That's not very valuable.  And I'm still waiting to see Bogey get traded for a FRP that doesn't include bad salary coming back.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The quality of picks is important.  Getting 3 projected late FRPs isn't very valuable.  For all that we know, that could have been Indianapolis offering the CLE FRP, BOS FRP, and their own FRP (with protections).  That's not very valuable.  And I'm still waiting to see Bogey get traded for a FRP that doesn't include bad salary coming back.

That's true and I like OG but in what world is he worth three premium FRPs? Especially considering his injury history and the fact that he'll be a free agent next summer. I agree on that as well, LeBron was reportedly upset that you guys didn't trade for him.

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true and I like OG but in what world is he worth three premium FRPs? Especially considering his injury history and the fact that he'll be a free agent next summer. I agree on that as well, LeBron was reportedly upset that you guys didn't trade for him.

Lakers didn't have the necessary assets to trade for him even if they badly wanted him.

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's not.  But as long as Toronto values him that highly, they're not going to give him away.  I believe Portland offered the 7th pick last year for him, and the Blazers turned it down.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's not.  But as long as Toronto values him that highly, they're not going to give him away.  I believe Portland offered the 7th pick last year for him, and the Blazers turned it down.

He reportedly wants out of Toronto though and I'd imagine his trade value will decrease after this season because he'll be on an expiring deal. The Raptors also declined to trade him during the offseason when they thought they'd be a contender but they might not even make the playoffs and they're reportedly shopping FVV too.

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

although i think it's insane, i feel like bogey is staying at least through the end of the year