2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He reportedly wants out of Toronto though and I'd imagine his trade value will decrease after this season because he'll be on an expiring deal. The Raptors also declined to trade him during the offseason when they thought they'd be a contender but they might not even make the playoffs and they're reportedly shopping FVV too.

He can want out all he wants to, doesn't change the fact that Toronto has to be willing to deal him.  Unfortunately, Toronto has the 6th worst record in the NBA right now, but they're only 1.5 GB of a play-in spot.  Get a good win streak going, and they're right back in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff mix.

Just now, CWood21 said:

He can want out all he wants to, doesn't change the fact that Toronto has to be willing to deal him.  Unfortunately, Toronto has the 6th worst record in the NBA right now, but they're only 1.5 GB of a play-in spot.  Get a good win streak going, and they're right back in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff mix.

The Jazz were reportedly interested in him during the summer, I'd still like for us to pursue him but I'd be hesitant to give p significant draft capital.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Jazz were reportedly interested in him during the summer, I'd still like for us to pursue him but I'd be hesitant to give p significant draft capital.

Let's talk hypothetical then, what kind of package would you put forward knowing the Raptors are looking for 2-3 premium picks for him.  You're probably digging into the Wolves' picks as part of that bundle.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Let's talk hypothetical then, what kind of package would you put forward knowing the Raptors are looking for 2-3 premium picks for him.  You're probably digging into the Wolves' picks as part of that bundle.

The most I'd probably give up would be Jarred Vanderbilt, Kelly Olynyk (salary matching), 2023 1st (Minnesota), 2025 1st (Cleveland).

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The most I'd probably give up would be Jarred Vanderbilt, Kelly Olynyk (salary matching), 2023 1st (Minnesota), 2025 1st (Cleveland).

And that's probably pretty far off from what Toronto would want/need.  The only thing in that package that probably holds any real value is that MIN FRP, and they seem destined to be picking in that 10-18 range.  That's a worse package than the Blazers' offer last year IMO.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's probably pretty far off from what Toronto would want/need.  The only thing in that package that probably holds any real value is that MIN FRP, and they seem destined to be picking in that 10-18 range.  That's a worse package than the Blazers' offer last year IMO.

Who knows what will happen in Cleveland, I believe that pick is the year after Don can leave in free agency. And Vanderbilt is young, on a cheap deal, and can potentially be moved for draft assets later on.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Who knows what will happen in Cleveland, I believe that pick is the year after Don can leave in free agency. And Vanderbilt is young, on a cheap deal, and can potentially be moved for draft assets later on.

And that could happen.  Or Mitchell re-signs with Cleveland, and that pick is a bottom 5 pick and Vanderbilt is your usual high energy, first big off the bench.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that could happen.  Or Mitchell re-signs with Cleveland, and that pick is a bottom 5 pick and Vanderbilt is your usual high energy, first big off the bench.

That's a risk that you take. That offer is really all I'd feel comfortable with though, I like OG but anything more than that is what I'd want to offer for a star level player. 

I'm holding onto hope that Jaylen Brown makes an All-NBA team (becomes super max eligible) but the Celtics come up short again in the playoffs so they look to revamp their roster and we can swoop in with a godfather offer for JB.

Just now, NYRaider said:

That's a risk that you take. That offer is really all I'd feel comfortable with though, I like OG but anything more than that is what I'd want to offer for a star level player. 

I'm holding onto hope that Jaylen Brown makes an All-NBA team (becomes super max eligible) but the Celtics come up short again in the playoffs so they look to revamp their roster and we can swoop in with a godfather offer for JB.

Hypothetically speaking, let's assume the Raptors value that package similarly.  They turned down that PDX offer.  What makes you think they would have changed their minds already?

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Hypothetically speaking, let's assume the Raptors value that package similarly.  They turned down that PDX offer.  What makes you think they would have changed their minds already?

The fact that they came into the season with hopes of contending and now they're on the verge of missing the playoffs. A rebuild also seems to be a realistic scenario for them now too considering FVV/Gary Trent Jr can both opt out this summer, Siakam is a free agent next summer, and OG can opt out next summer as well. I'd imagine they'd get less of a return on OG next season as well due to his impending free agency. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

The fact that they came into the season with hopes of contending and now they're on the verge of missing the playoffs. A rebuild also seems to be a realistic scenario for them now too considering FVV/Gary Trent Jr can both opt out this summer, Siakam is a free agent next summer, and OG can opt out next summer as well. I'd imagine they'd get less of a return on OG next season as well due to his impending free agency. 

LIS, they're 1.5 games out of a play-in spot. That's not like they're out of the mix by any means.  They're a good win streak to being in the playoff mix.  I don't think they're tripping over themselves to move him.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, they're 1.5 games out of a play-in spot. That's not like they're out of the mix by any means.  They're a good win streak to being in the playoff mix.  I don't think they're tripping over themselves to move him.

But the fact that they're shopping FVV implies that they're not looking to make a playoff push.  

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I feel pretty meh about it.  Doesn't really move the needle for the Lakers, but I don't 3 SRPs was moving the needle.  Plus, I think the trade market is going to be really slow this year with all the trade demands out there.

You could be right. Maybe Rui in a new environment and not playing for an awful organization can take a step or 2.