2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy Gobert looks like a shell of himself this year, it's still crazy how badly we were able to fleece the Timberwolves.

His numbers actually aren't that off of previous years. I also think he's still figuring out the new team and how to adjust to the system. Him and the team are a work in progress. That being said- the Jazz definitely fleeced us. Insane how much you guys got in return. I still do have hope for the team though. 

2 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

His numbers actually aren't that off of previous years. I also think he's still figuring out the new team and how to adjust to the system. Him and the team are a work in progress. That being said- the Jazz definitely fleeced us. Insane how much you guys got in return. I still do have hope for the team though. 

This is the first year since his rookie season that he has averaged less than 2 blocks per game. That's the biggest issue with Rudy, he's not someone that can really "fit" into your system, you have to build your system around him. People really underestimated how big of a role Quin Snyder played in his success. He's also going on 31 years old now and that's typically the age that big men start to slow down. And for a player like Rudy who's entire game is based on his size, movement, and athleticism, even a slight regression is extremely noticeable. 

Have to assume Bucks played down to the Nuggets missing 4 starters (Jokic, Murray, MPJ, KCP) last night. They were awful. Needed 22 free throw attempts for Giannis to get passed the Nuggets, who didn't even really get a boost from the replacements that you'd expect in a tight(ish) game.

Nuggets - 76ers game is setup to be a doozy on Saturday night. 

Edited by lomaxgrUK

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Memphis half court offense makes zero sense . Some truly awful basketball 

I came into this season super high on Memphis, and they have the 2nd best record in the West so you'd think I'd have no reason to not be high on Memphis anymore but I've watched a lot of their games this year and it's ugly. Obviously they play great in transition, they rebound, they defend. They're still a great team but playoffs slow things down and I don't see them winning anything with such a bad half court offense. The main reason is their shooting is garbage. At this point I think the Nuggets have the West on lock barring a sudden resurgence from the Warriors any day now.

11 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

I came into this season super high on Memphis, and they have the 2nd best record in the West so you'd think I'd have no reason to not be high on Memphis anymore but I've watched a lot of their games this year and it's ugly. Obviously they play great in transition, they rebound, they defend. They're still a great team but playoffs slow things down and I don't see them winning anything with such a bad half court offense. The main reason is their shooting is garbage. At this point I think the Nuggets have the West on lock barring a sudden resurgence from the Warriors any day now.

They're half court offense is not good, and it'll be a big issue come playoff time. My prediction (if healthy) is a Nuggets-Pelicans WCF. Am I a homer? Yes. Will I be right? Also yes.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

When are people gonna accept load management is a thing and stop crying about it lol? Same thing every 3-4 months. Get used to it. 

NBA will have to do something, obviously not force them to play but it's a real shame when people spend hundreds of dollars to see Steph Curry or Lebron James play and they decide on a rest day at the last minute...Not everyone can afford to go to a game once a year or even once every few years. Its pretty devestating.

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

NBA will have to do something, obviously not force them to play but it's a real shame when people spend hundreds of dollars to see Steph Curry or Lebron James play and they decide on a rest day at the last minute...Not everyone can afford to go to a game once a year or even once every few years. Its pretty devestating.

That is the tough part for sure. Load management makes sense on every level, but it sucks so hard as a fan to plan to go to a game weeks or months ahead of time only to have that player sit for a rest day. I guess it's not really that different than of the player tweaked his ankle or something, but it sucks.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That is the tough part for sure. Load management makes sense on every level, but it sucks so hard as a fan to plan to go to a game weeks or months ahead of time only to have that player sit for a rest day. I guess it's not really that different than of the player tweaked his ankle or something, but it sucks.

Just feels worse. I'm not sure what they could possibly do but its a big turn off for fans.