2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

9 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

LeBron's career is going out sad. And it's worse cuz it's not even because of him falling off a bunch, he's not as good as he was at his peak obviously but he's still a star in this league and more than capable of being on a contending team. Can't say I'm mad about it since we have their picks and all though.

Yeah. I know the Lakers want to wait until Thanksgiving or whatever, but they can't. Do the Hield-Turner trade and just make sure Indiana throws in Brissett as well. That's a very solid trade. Gets them 3 shooters, help inside and on the wing on defense, and keeps their cap flexibility for next summer. It won't be hard to flip Hield if needed.

58 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Just a horrible decision by a completely inept franchise.

Longest postseason drought in NBA history. Longest active postseason drought in any of the Big 4 American sports leagues, in the easiest one to make the postseason in. And they've never even been close or had a winning record in any of that time like the Mariners had with their drought at least. Don't think it's an exaggeration to call them the most inept franchise in sports. I'd say they were so close with Luka but if we're being real they probably would've screwed that up anyways even if they drafted him. 

I hope it turns around for them and their fans at some point soon. All it takes is getting that one right management hire.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah. I know the Lakers want to wait until Thanksgiving or whatever, but they can't. Do the Hield-Turner trade and just make sure Indiana throws in Brissett as well. That's a very solid trade. Gets them 3 shooters, help inside and on the wing on defense, and keeps their cap flexibility for next summer. It won't be hard to flip Hield if needed.

Would be a big mistake. You can't trade those picks...They're going to be high lottery picks. You almost need to explore trading Lebron/AD if they're okay with it.

5 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Would be a big mistake. You can't trade those picks...They're going to be high lottery picks. You almost need to explore trading Lebron/AD if they're okay with it.

That's never going to happen.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's never going to happen.

It should, doubling down will just hurt them even more. Lakers lost the AD trade, I know they won the ring but the narrative the entire time was that they would be able to hand the reigns over to a generational talent in AD which is obviously not going to happen. 

8 minutes ago, Kingram said:

It should, doubling down will just hurt them even more. Lakers lost the AD trade, I know they won the ring but the narrative the entire time was that they would be able to hand the reigns over to a generational talent in AD which is obviously not going to happen. 

They have 2 top 20 players now. They do this trade and get some injury luck and they could win a couple playoff series. Then they still have an easy pathway to max cap space next summer or the summer after that. You don't throw away 2 seasons because of picks 5 and 7 years from now.

They can also put protections on the picks. I don't think anyone expects them to give away 2 unprotected 1sts for Hield and Turner. Put top 8 protections on the picks, or send 1 unprotected 1st and a 2nd, and call it a day. Indiana won't get a better offer for those players than either of those offers, and Brissett is completely out of their rotation right now for some reason. Let's not forget that Bojan Bogdanovic, who's better than both Hield and Turner, just went for a middling starter and cap filler.

They won the AD trade, let's again not go crazy. It was the moves afterwards that tanked this team. They were looking just fine against Phoenix then traded away their entire rotation and a 1st for Westbrook in a panic move.

Edited by seminoles1

6 minutes ago, Kingram said:

You don't lose a trade when you win a ring. Were the Lakers going to win a ring without AD? Sure, they would have been in the future but being better does equate to winning it all. AD was on a different level in 2020 and none of the baby Lakers were going to be able to have the impact he had that season. After that, LeBron has not stayed healthy so they were not going to win during that time. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't lose a trade when you win a ring. Were the Lakers going to win a ring without AD? Sure, they would have been in the future but being better does equate to winning it all. AD was on a different level in 2020 and none of the baby Lakers were going to be able to have the impact he had that season. After that, LeBron has not stayed healthy so they were not going to win during that time. 

The AD trade is also not why they're in the position they are today. The panic trade of their entire supporting cast and a 1st for Westbrook and letting Caruso walk are why they are so bad right now. They'd still be an easy playoff team if they had Kuzma, KCP, Caruso, and whoever they drafted at 21st overall (plenty of impact players went after that draft slot) last year.

Edited by seminoles1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The biggest issue is none of the baby Lakers would've developed into the players they are today playing second fiddle to LeBron and always dealing with trade rumors. BI got to come here and have his own team and learn to be a #1 option, Lonzo got somewhere with an actual shooting coach who helped turn him into an amazing shooter from 3 to add to the strengths that were already there in his game, Kuzma on the Wizards got a bigger role where he can do what he does best and score buckets, etc. That combined with LeBron getting worse as he ages and finally dealing with injuries would've resulted in them never winning a title imo. They'd be better set up for the future obviously, but they still wouldn't have a title. 

Trade was a win-win. They got their title and the Pels are eating good from that trade, getting the best player in the trade going forward with BI and assets to last a while. What wasn't a win for the Lakers was everything they flubbed since losing to the Suns.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Victor is generational. There’s been a hundred scoots. Victor is the pick no matter what if any team gets the first pick. 

You are underselling Scoot.  He isnt generational but there definitely arent hundreds of Scoot Hendersons. 

Also the Lakers need to start winning games!  I dont want the Pelicans having a legit shot at getting them two.