2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

It was one thing when his toxicity was just limited to meaningless NBA soap drama.

Trying to promote racial hatred between black people and Jews (in Brooklyn no less) as some subversive and righteous cause for the downtrodden, gaslighting everyone about it, and then using your mother's tribal ancestry to shield yourself from criticism, etc.

It also isn't the first time he's promoted this idea, it's just being amplified due to the Kanye drama. 

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

It's very debatable because Kyrie is likely one of the worst cancers the NBA has seen. Steve Kerr himself has said he doesn't know who would fare better than Nash did. I'm going to give another chance to a rookie QB behind a terrible offensive line, too.

Yeah imagine that Rookie QB couldn’t do a basic 5 step drop back, couldn’t execute a screen pass, constantly stared down receivers and felt pressure when it wasn’t there, but hey he can read coverages. That’s Nash. Kyrie maybe the reason for a lot of the unnecessary attention and noise brought to the team but on the court? Nah that’s on Nash and team as a whole. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

5 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Not so hot take: Towns and Gobert was a dumb idea. 

It was completely obvious at the time too. 2 bigs who have massive deficiencies. Rudy is useless outside of 5 feet and KAT is a turnstile on defense. And they thought putting kat at the 4 was a good idea so now he has to go outside and defense wings. Hilariously bad idea. 

25 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah imagine that Rookie QB couldn’t do a basic 5 step drop back, couldn’t execute a screen pass, constantly stared down receivers and felt pressure when it wasn’t there, but hey he can read coverages. That’s Nash. Kyrie maybe the reason for a lot of the unnecessary attention and noise brought to the team but on the court? Nah that’s on Nash and team as a whole. 

Oh come on. Its already been posted that Kyrie wasn't going to be coached or listen to a coach. When a guy publicly says that, it's no wonder the on court product looks like high school. Again, Nash may be a poor coach but I'll reserve judgment on him until he's given an actual shot to succeed.

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Oh come on. Its already been posted that Kyrie wasn't going to be coached or listen to a coach. When a guy publicly says that, it's no wonder the on court product looks like high school. Again, Nash may be a poor coach but I'll reserve judgment on him until he's given an actual shot to succeed.

You’re also forgetting the time where a couple months later took back those comments lol. But of course you would leave that out. And funny how that same season he made those comments that we were injuries away from competing for a championship. But in your head those comments are why the nets couldn’t win that season and not injuries.

Reserve judgement for what? He had terrible rotations and lineups, benched guys inexplicably for long periods, didn’t place emphasis on defense, played KD extensive minutes, had an 11 game losing streak after being carried to a top 2 seed and was a reason for Harden bolting reportedly.  All stuff largely in his control. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

You’re also forgetting the time where a couple months later took back those comments lol. But of course you would leave that out. And funny how that same season he made those comments that we were injuries away from competing for a championship. But in your head those comments are why the nets couldn’t win that season and not injuries.

Reserve judgement for what? He had terrible rotations and lineups, benched guys inexplicably for long periods, didn’t place emphasis on defense, played KD extensive minutes, had an 11 game losing streak after being carried to a top 2 seed and was a reason for Harden bolting reportedly.  All stuff largely in his control

lol we didn't say no take backs, he was allowed to take it back. however, the damage was already done and it does not matter in the slightest if he took them back because his attitude and efforts were visible. 

All of that stuff is not largely in his control, bro, come on. We have no idea what is going on in that front office. We also have reports that Harden didn't want to play with Kyrie. We also saw Durant demand Nash be fired, we saw Durant and Kyrie in and out of the lineup constantly, with guys like Simmons, Curry, Harris out for long periods as well. Yeah, I'm really gonna be concerned about those rotations and lineups. You're missing the point entirely anyway. This has been the most chaotic franchise of the last decade. Auerbach himself isn't proving anything with that roster either. I'm not trying to prove that Nash was a good coach. I'm simply saying I'm not writing him off as a bad coach in a terrible situation like that. There are very few positives on any end to take out of the Nets scenario. 

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

I'd love to add Steve Nash to the Pelicans bench. I don't think any coach is succeeding in Brooklyn, Ime will probably crash and burn as well and we know he's a good coach already. 

I just would be surprised if more info about his suspension didn't come out and blow more drama their way. 

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

didn’t place emphasis on defense

He called out the defense effort and intensity a few days ago. The response was getting fired. Not absolving Nash of any blame but he was in one of the worst situations possible.

44 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

lol we didn't say no take backs, he was allowed to take it back. however, the damage was already done and it does not matter in the slightest if he took them back because his attitude and efforts were visible. 

All of that stuff is not largely in his control, bro, come on. We have no idea what is going on in that front office. We also have reports that Harden didn't want to play with Kyrie. We also saw Durant demand Nash be fired, we saw Durant and Kyrie in and out of the lineup constantly, with guys like Simmons, Curry, Harris out for long periods as well. Yeah, I'm really gonna be concerned about those rotations and lineups. You're missing the point entirely anyway. This has been the most chaotic franchise of the last decade. Auerbach himself isn't proving anything with that roster either. I'm not trying to prove that Nash was a good coach. I'm simply saying I'm not writing him off as a bad coach in a terrible situation like that. There are very few positives on any end to take out of the Nets scenario. 

Damage done or just something that can be used retroactively to add to the narrative?

What finding an effective rotation and lineup isn’t in his control? Benching guys like Bruce Brown and LMA for games isn’t in his control? Focusing on defensive side of ball? Putting a lineup on the floor of Kyrie, Dragic, Curry and Mills vs Celtics? Like come on man, we’re giving him a pass. This drama and constant headlines really distracted people from his deficiencies as a coach. It was clear to see that even under perfect conditions he wasn’t going to elevate this team. Auerbach isn’t gonna get swept by Boston with KD and Kyrie, he’s not gonna start this season 2-5, he’s not gonna have this be by far one of worst defenses in the league with this group of players. I’m not asking him to win a championship, I’m asking him to not make easily identifiable errors within the confines of a basketball court.