2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The selective appropriation of whether or not a guy is taken seriously/contrite in regards to what is said/posted and who is still allowed to continue is nothing short of a joke.

All hail the NBA, poster children of inclusivity and freedom...except for Jews and in China of course.

I think there's several things at play here:

1) The NBA is overly sensitive that accusations of anti-semitism or hypocrisy over Chinese human rights is a "gotcha" attempt to delegitimize its majority black player base's activism against racism and police violence.

Personally I think anti-semitism and the NBA's hypocrisy on China are still bad, and being nominally on the "same side" as bad faith culture warrior schmucks like Cruz/Hawley shouldn't matter. Grow a pair. Honest people can tell the difference.

2) The only Jews in the NBA that most people have ever heard of are owners or commissioners. Fair or not, there is a perception that we are more privileged due to having lighter skin and that we're more represented in positions of power and influence. We're the landlords, the bankers, the record execs, the Hollywood producers. That's how many players perceive Jewish people. It's really not surprising to me that NBA players would rather stay silent than call out one of their own. 

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

It's really not surprising to me that NBA players would rather stay silent than call out one of their own. 

That's been disappointing as well, but not surprising I guess. Cowards.

I know the superstars haven't said anything, but has anyone?

3 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I still don't understand why he shoots threes.

Nature of the league, I guess. Sometimes, even superheroes, need to take plays off haha.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Everyone except @NYRaider.

Thus the (almost) part of the post. 😉

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Jabari and Jalen are both awful right now. It'll be interesting to see how Houston's strategy of high ceiling/low floor top picks pans out. 

Sometimes it's best to take the kids with the high floors and see whether they have a higher ceiling with NBA level coaching. Guys like Tyrese Haliburton and Desmond Bane are proof of this. I know people are obsessed with tools but sometimes BBIQ and drive play a bigger part than tools.

You also have to have a better plan than just going BPA every draft. You need pieces that fit together and you can't just throw talent at the wall and hope it blends. Jabari at least fits in easier as far as roster building goes than Jalen or KPJ do. If you're going to have two scoring guards that can't create for others, you need to have a Giannis, KD or a Jokic who can do it from the frontcourt. Obviously, those are rare as hell so it's probably wiser to just go out and get a creator in the backcourt.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Let's let this Kyrie discussion go before we have to lock the thread.

Can we talk about it in junction with the Primo news now coming out and the double whammy of negative press the NBA is facing?

Joshua Primo and the Spurs...not a good look. Tony Buzbee taking lead again like with the DeShaun Watson victims.

-Primo supposedly exposed himself to a clinical psychologist working for the Spurs 9 times before they released him

-The first time happened in December of 2021 during a session. She reported this to the Spurs in January 2022

-Buzbee also claims Primo exposed himself to another woman 2 weeks ago and during Summer League in July

-Primo and his lawyer are denying this, saying if he was exposed during sessions then it was an accident out of his gym shorts and he was unaware

-She no longer works for the Spurs. Her contract was not renewed I'm August 2022. She worked for the organization for about 15 months

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he is settling for more and more jump shots and that has been the trend for a few years now. His outside shot this season has been putrid and we all know the spacing is not good at all. Bron taking 8 three pointers a game while shooting 23% is hilarious. Get on the damn block from time to time instead of settling so much. Not only that, he loves slowing it down while they play better when they speed it up. Westbrook off the bench has been better even though he does share a lot of time with Bron/AD, but he gets to at least run the show for short periods.

They are a top level defensive team with the worst offense in the league on a team that features Bron and AD. Yeah, that's not ideal lol.

True. Like you said, he needs to start getting the ball in the post. He's so dominant from there. It won't happen, but it would be so much better for him and the Lakers. Hopefully it's just a shooting slump though, which we know he's prone to have.

All the hoopla around the Lakers and Nets has been great for the Warriors and Clippers haha. No one expects it to continue, but their struggles have been real.

19 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I specifically remember warning Celtics fans they were going to turn on Kyrie when they traded for him. I wasn't believed.

I wanted to keep Isaiah, which also wouldve been the wrong choice lol

Ultimately that trade was a wash IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

True. Like you said, he needs to start getting the ball in the post. He's so dominant from there. It won't happen, but it would be so much better for him and the Lakers. Hopefully it's just a shooting slump though, which we know he's prone to have.

All the hoopla around the Lakers and Nets has been great for the Warriors and Clippers haha. No one expects it to continue, but their struggles have been real.

He was struggling with his jumper to start the game last night so he got the ball on the block/elbow area and scored two buckets right away. It really makes no sense why he doesn't just make a living there. Takes less energy than trying to take it to the rack from the top of the key. 

Lakers shouldn't be making any move until Bron shows he can still play at last year's level. 

59 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's been disappointing as well, but not surprising I guess. Cowards.

I know the superstars haven't said anything, but has anyone?

Some are cowards, but let's be honest...some probably agree with him and think that all the criticism of him and Kanye are actually proof that they're right.

• Like 1