2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

On 11/20/2022 at 7:40 AM, seminoles1 said:

At this point it's essentially too late to tank. The Ringer did an article last week. Once you hit 25 wins, you're essentially out of contention for a top pick. So they've got to start being an all-time bad team immediately or it's too late.

I think they still trade players close to the deadline, but only if they're blown away with offers like Ainge prefers. Otherwise they'll be trying to make the playoffs.

I think we just go for the playoffs this year to be honest. We'll still have two good first round picks and our own regardless plus a treasure chest of future picks/assets that we can move as well. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think we just go for the playoffs this year to be honest. We'll still have two good first round picks and our own regardless plus a treasure chest of future picks/assets that we can move as well. 

And it's possible that you could get even more by trading some pieces in the off-season. 

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

And it's possible that you could get even more by trading some pieces in the off-season. 

Yeah we're in a really good spot going forward. I really didn't have any expectations for the guys that we traded for but Lauri looks like a guy with legitimate All-Star potential and Kessler has flashed as well. We went from a team with limited depth, young talent, cap space, and draft picks to one of the youngest teams in the league with a ton of assets and cap flexibility. Excited to see how we continue to build and shape our roster going forward. 

57 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Jazz still need a star bad.  Obviously the Jazz need to hit on the picks they have but having a ton of picks dont guarantee you will get a legit star to build around.  Look at OKC.

I think Ainge has already shown that he can acquire star talent and even after gutting our roster we're still competitive and not a bottom feeder like the Thunder. The most ideal situation for us is that one of those Cavs/Wolves picks ends up being a top pick (in the perfect world multiple would) so we can add a young star level talent to an already competitive team. 

As of now though we'd have the 14th, 15th, and 28th picks in the draft. The Wolves won a few games but they were against bad teams, hopefully they keep losing and so do the Nets/76ers. 

10 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Yea, take your shots with that scare quote and then hide behind the rules. BHI is a hate group btw.

I would had put hate for any group in quotes cause it ain't supposed to be discussed. Period. Just cause you and Seminole believe it's a hate group or not don't matter. People said black panther party was a hate group. It's a large community of people who disagree with that. So yeah that's probably why it shouldn't be discuss and why the rules are here for that bs. 

Edited by dante9876

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Why cause you say it is? Yeah ok. 

It's mostly the Holocaust denial, the weird Hitler worship, and the theft of another ethnic/religious group's history and culture. I don't think that being the same color as Huey Newton and having a lot of members changes any of that.

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

It's mostly the Holocaust denial, the weird Hitler worship, and the theft of another ethnic/religious group's history and culture. I don't think that being the same color as Huey Newton and having a lot of members changes any of that.

All BHI don't believe that though. Talk to a few. There was Christianity churches that have preached racism and radical ideas in this country. People have committed hate crimes on their belief of Christianity. Do that make it a hate group.  

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

All BHI don't believe that though. Talk to a few. There was Christianity churches that have preached racism and radical ideas in this country. People have committed hate crimes on their belief of Christianity. Do that make it a hate group.  

The group that was at the game handed out flyers that said Jewish people are from the synagogue of Satan, but okay.