Week 7 GDT Giants vs. Jaguars @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

Hello boys, week 7 already bearing down on us. This is a tough one coming up. The Jaguars are a tough tough team in spite of what their records indicates. They are 2-4 but they have been in every game they lost including the game against the Eagles where they had a 14-0 lead. The way i see it is they have a major weapon in young Trevor Lawrence. He's sneaky quick. He can get out and run or throw a dime to his top WR in Christian Kirk. They are a desperate team coming out to play in front of their home crowd. They are not without their weaknesses though, one being they have a TE named Evan Engram. If they throw him the ball all game i expect about 5-6 INTs coming from his direction either from a tipped ball which he's good at or at least one catch he'll drop to lose them the game. Another weakness is they seem to have not been able to solidify their oline. They have been shuffling their men around and have not come up with a solid group of 5 yet. 

Our guys are riding high right now. Daniel Jones didn't play the greatest in that 1st half last week and he has to step it up moving forward. He has shown his top game comes late in the games but I'm hoping this time he can string together 4 solid quarters to give a shot at beating these guys. I expect a bigger sample size this week from Wan'Dale and more solid play from Dan Bellinger. Maybe Kadarius wont hurt his ear lobe this week and possibly give us some options. Well see. Saquon I think is gonna split some carries this coming weekend because I think he's a little banged up with the shoulder. I can see us implementing some more of Matt Breida and Gary Brightwell. 

Defensively if we can get at Lawrence i like our chances. This team is a very beatable team and i can see the defense having its biggest game yet with some sacks and possibly some forced turnovers. 

Giants 26 / Jags 23

Edited by Giants4eva

Like you said, Jacksonville is not an easy team to beat despite their record. They also match up fairly well with the Giants offense. It's not secret the offense runs through Saquon. Aside from the fact that he's banged up, Jacksonville has strong linebackers that get after the ball-barrier. Walker and Allen can also be a handful for Neal. Daniel Jones will need to be able to get the ball out quickly to the correct read. Hopefully our backs can keep the ball moving so the offense can stay balanced and take some heat off of DJ. That is the recipe for a win here.

It would be disheartening to drop this one after the stunning wins over GB and Balt. Statistically their offense is more productive then ours and their D is on par with us, especially against the run this season. This might be one of those games SB gets stuffed and Jones needs to find a way to get the passing game going. Robinson in the slot with some Slayton over the top. They are not a pushover and I expect a battle but I think Wink will find a way to rattle Lawrence

Giants: 20
Jags: 16

Edited by Shockwave

27 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

It would be disheartening to drop this one after the stunning wins over GB and Balt. Statistically their offense is more productive then ours and their D is on par with us, especially against the run this season. This might be one of those games SB gets stuffed and Jones needs to find a way to get the passing game going. Robinson in the slot with some Slayton over the top. They are not a pushover and I expect a battle but I think Wink will find a way to rattle Lawrence

Giants: 20
Jags: 16

Disheartening for sure, but possible. Jags are a middle of the pack team, which should be a fair matchup for us. Talent levels are relatively equivalent. 

I think the big difference here is that Jax has been bad, especially recently, in the 4th quarter while we have been fantastic. I can't picture that changing this week. I have the Giants pulling away in the 4th and winning another close game. 

I think the following week against the Seahawks we get beat and head into the bye at 6-2.

I'm going the other direction this week.  For the past few weeks I didn't give this team a shot in hell at winning.  This week, we're going to go out and win this game in all four quarters.  It isn't going to come down to the wire but we're going to take the lead and keep that lead for the entire game.

23-7 Giants

Happy Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Jags fan here.  We've struggled in recent weeks to get pressure and mobile qbs have also given us fits.  Offensively,  our line play has been inconsistent as hell....really good one week and bad the next.  We have been moving the ball well, but we've not been great in the redzone.   I expect a close game with the winner probably being the team that win the turnover battle.  Good luck Giants fans!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles said:

Jags fan here.  We've struggled in recent weeks to get pressure and mobile qbs have also given us fits.  Offensively,  our line play has been inconsistent as hell....really good one week and bad the next.  We have been moving the ball well, but we've not been great in the redzone.   I expect a close game with the winner probably being the team that win the turnover battle.  Good luck Giants fans!

Hopefully it's a healthy game with little to no injuries. It's going to be a tough game. Certainly winnable for either team. You'd think I'd be confident the 5-1 Giants shouldn't have a problem with the 2-4 Jags. But the Jags are a solid team and their defensive matches up very well against the Giants offense.

Hoping the Giants can pull it off, but it's going to be a tough one.

1 hour ago, w4rrior723 said:

Hopefully it's a healthy game with little to no injuries. It's going to be a tough game. Certainly winnable for either team. You'd think I'd be confident the 5-1 Giants shouldn't have a problem with the 2-4 Jags. But the Jags are a solid team and their defensive matches up very well against the Giants offense.

Hoping the Giants can pull it off, but it's going to be a tough one.

Well if your screen game is on point, you should be able to move the ball.  We've really struggled against the short passing game, especially wr screens.  We've been really good at defending down the field stuff.

45 minutes ago, Charles said:

Well if your screen game is on point, you should be able to move the ball.  We've really struggled against the short passing game, especially wr screens.  We've been really good at defending down the field stuff.

Giants have just 3 passes that went for more than 25 yards. Two of those to Barkley.