JK Dobbins to miss 4-6 weeks

Forge

Took this guy in the 4th this year…

It’s a bit uncommon in today’s day to have a knee take as long as his did, as far as athlete’s go. Now it’s re-aggravated, with a contract year on the horizon. Not looking good for the guy.

25 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It’s a bit uncommon in today’s day to have a knee take as long as his did, as far as athlete’s go. Now it’s re-aggravated, with a contract year on the horizon. Not looking good for the guy.

Wasn't his injury ACL plus another ligament/ cartilage damage?  If so, that makes a big enough difference vs only ACL.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

Wasn't his injury ACL plus another ligament/ cartilage damage?  If so, that makes a big enough difference vs only ACL.

Yeah, I see it was ACL, LCL, meniscus, and hamstring. Ouch.

Is it super concerning that Dobbins is getting this procedure done at this juncture?

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, I see it was ACL, LCL, meniscus, and hamstring. Ouch.

Is it super concerning that Dobbins is getting this procedure done at this juncture?

Depends on how much/ what is needed to be done.  More meniscus needing to be removed ?  Articular cartilage damage?  Other scarvtissue needing to be cleaned out?

Each of those things vary in level of concern.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I was really hoping to draft him and was upset when somebody took him a few spots before me. I had to settle for "reaching" for Dameon Pierce. I owe the person who drafted him a thank you lol.

• Like 1

Honestly this is a shame. JK is a super talented player and that injury was a very bad one last year. I hope this is a simple “clean up” procedure, because he’s still very young and still has a lot of tread on his tires. I think we often take for granted how bad injuries like his last year are and how back in the day it would have been game over for guys, and we just assume guys will be able to come back and be healthy again.