RB Todd Gurley retires

RaidersAreOne

18 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

TD had a 2000 yard season and 2 SB wins. Gurley never even sniffed 2k and kinda sucked in the playoffs. Dude had 47 all purpose yards in the SB and AFCC combined in 2018. Meanwhile Davis's rush yards in his postseason games were:

Dude WAS the postseason game plan for two SB runs. Gurley was an after thought. 

You are right that Davis is certainly ahead of Gurley on any all time list. But tbf, Gurley sucked in the playoffs because he was hurt. He was fine in 2017. His play slowed down dramatically the back half of 2018. 

20 hours ago, ET80 said:

Don’t even have to do that - PRP injections are now available in the US, that alone works incredibly well on knee injuries (had both of my knees done this past summer, they haven’t felt this good since High School 20 years ago…)

What’s the process? 

• Like 1

Dude was the offense. Absolutely a stud and elite. Can catch, run and block. Shame he broke down. He was headed for greatness and record books.. His YPT was nuts and just a force.. breaks my heart man! What could have been. IIRC he’s top 5 in TDs scored since he entered and hasn’t played in 3-4 years 😂. Absolute unit. Every time we were in the red zone it was a Todd Tuddy incoming. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

What’s the process? 

My primary care physician offers the procedure - it's not covered by insurance, so it's all out of pocket (roughly $700 bucks in my case, got both knees and my right ankle - which apparently I damaged and never knew about). If you ever hear those commercials on the radio for "non surgical procedures using the natural healing power of your own body" this is what they're talking about.

As far as actual outpatient procedure - they pulled a few vials of my blood, then dropped the vials into a centrifuge to spin it. The platelets needed settled to the bottom of the centrifuge. They throw that in a syringe and sort of spot check in and around your knee, using a sonogram to see where there is damage. They inject the platelets directly into the damage areas.

One thing I'll say - it's a HUGE needle and they're poking and prodding around in the joint. They give you local anesthesia (lidocaine) in the injection points but GOOD LORD, DOES IT HURT. My wife was in the room with me, she said I was yelling and cursing a lot, and there was a few points where they had to use smelling salts to keep me from passing out - that's apparently normal, too.

Despite this, I'll stand on the table for this procedure. I understand why Kobe Bryant and Peyton Manning went overseas to Germany to get this done - it's like my knees were never injured to begin with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

You are right that Davis is certainly ahead of Gurley on any all time list. But tbf, Gurley sucked in the playoffs because he was hurt. He was fine in 2017. His play slowed down dramatically the back half of 2018. 

I didnt realize we gave credit for what players would have done if they were healthy. 

14 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm not. There's a difference though on a player sucking (as you would say) and a player playing hurt. 

Oh sorry, didn't realize you were arguing semantics. 

Todd Gurley never produced in the playoffs and did not contribute to wins in the postseason unlike Davis who was the primary reason for his team's wins. 

better?

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

My primary care physician offers the procedure - it's not covered by insurance, so it's all out of pocket (roughly $700 bucks in my case, got both knees and my right ankle - which apparently I damaged and never knew about). If you ever hear those commercials on the radio for "non surgical procedures using the natural healing power of your own body" this is what they're talking about.

As far as actual outpatient procedure - they pulled a few vials of my blood, then dropped the vials into a centrifuge to spin it. The platelets needed settled to the bottom of the centrifuge. They throw that in a syringe and sort of spot check in and around your knee, using a sonogram to see where there is damage. They inject the platelets directly into the damage areas.

One thing I'll say - it's a HUGE needle and they're poking and prodding around in the joint. They give you local anesthesia (lidocaine) in the injection points but GOOD LORD, DOES IT HURT. My wife was in the room with me, she said I was yelling and cursing a lot, and there was a few points where they had to use smelling salts to keep me from passing out - that's apparently normal, too.

Despite this, I'll stand on the table for this procedure. I understand why Kobe Bryant and Peyton Manning went overseas to Germany to get this done - it's like my knees were never injured to begin with.

Bro! That needle hurts. I had a ingrown toenail once! The numbing injection hurt more than the ingown toe nail. I’ve ripped them off before without anesthesia. Way better! After a week I felt the injection! Felt like it was corrosive to my toe bone 😂! It hurt so bad bro!! I can’t imagine that needle oooff.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

It seems like insurance should cover this. Is the argument for them not that it isn't necessary? Almost positive insurance covers cortisone injections.