RB Todd Gurley retires

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Did he have terrible injury luck or just play RB

Honestly I think it’s the latter. Gurley was a bell cow for the offense. Not very many backs ever shoulder that load and have sustained careers. Tomlinson, Curtis Martin, Jamal Lewis, Emmit Smith, those dudes were legends. Or perhaps the OG hard carry back Eddie George. 

7 hours ago, Leoric said:

Honestly I think it’s the latter. Gurley was a bell cow for the offense. Not very many backs ever shoulder that load and have sustained careers. Tomlinson, Curtis Martin, Jamal Lewis, Emmit Smith, those dudes were legends. Or perhaps the OG hard carry back Eddie George. 

Gurley already tore his ACL before NFL. 

IIRC it was speculated that it was knee arthritis as a result of the injury that led to the issues. So it was something that was going to happen regardless of the # of touches.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He's like this generation's Terrell Davis 

TD had a 2000 yard season and 2 SB wins. Gurley never even sniffed 2k and kinda sucked in the playoffs. Dude had 47 all purpose yards in the SB and AFCC combined in 2018. Meanwhile Davis's rush yards in his postseason games were:

Dude WAS the postseason game plan for two SB runs. Gurley was an after thought. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Guy should go to Columbia and get stem cells for his knees 

Don’t even have to do that - PRP injections are now available in the US, that alone works incredibly well on knee injuries (had both of my knees done this past summer, they haven’t felt this good since High School 20 years ago…)