Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

5 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

A head coach will never call out one of his assistants like that. Ever. You might hear a HC get pretty pointed with saying a unit just played to a really pathetic standard, but they will absolutely never admonish an assistant in a press conference like that. Being professional or not is irrelevant, it's unproductive and that's all that really matters. 

See my other post .. it helps.

Bruce Arians and Belichick have called assistants and players out before and they’ve got 7 Super Bowl wins.

LaFleur has 0.

You say the defensive performance is inexcusable. You don’t put the blame on anybody, but you take a hard stance on that ****.

You don’t say your team ran into a buzzsaw, you don’t say such and such, you call a turd a turd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Bruce Arians and Belichick have called assistants and players out before and they’ve got 7 Super Bowl wins.

LaFleur has 0.

You say the defensive performance is inexcusable. You don’t put the blame on anybody, but you take a hard stance on that ****.

You don’t say your team ran into a buzzsaw, you don’t say such and such, you call a turd a turd.

Yer a terd

• Like 3

20 hours ago, chefj85 said:

The team is an absolute disaster right now for sure, but there’s no quit in this team. I’ll give them that.

im just not sure how you try to put it back together next year.

Well I actually think this may be easier than some think.  The offense has started finding some rhythm, and provided Watson has overcome his injury bug, Doubbs improves, and we add a couple decent receivers to replace Cobb and Watkins, this should be doable.

The defensive side has bigger questions.  Walker is gonna have to improve pretty quick, Gary hopefully stays healthy next season, and we need to replace Savage.

Basically there are some fixes that can get this team back quickly, but Gute cannot be trusted to do them.

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'll add to your post.

I hear the comment regarding Gute as "he wasted the last few years of Rodgers".

Without any mention of the restructuring of contracts that brought the core team back for like 3 years.

Then there is this....did Tomlin ruin Big Ben?  Big Ben who won a couple of SB's early....then never another one?

Philip Rivers was wasted, too.

Colts ruined Luck.

Shula ruined all of Marino's career.

Payton ruined a lot of Brees' career.

Reid ruined McNabb.

I mean, the list writes itself.  Just getting to the big game is tough enough.  Winning it is even tougher.

Just because Brady has won a ton of big games doesn't mean it is just that easy.  Certainly helps when you take less than a market value contract.  

It's about 2020 and the fact that Gute drafted a QB that he and LaFleur have seemingly been unwilling to stand behind.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

47 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Chasing those big blue foam donuts around in training camp is stupid. It's got to stop. Need live tackling. 

They have to use tackling dummies/donuts/robots for most of the offseason work and the first four days of training camp because of the CBA. 

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

It doesn't matter who we get as defensive coordinator if we don't improve tackling. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Which could be a direct reflection on the entire defensive coaching staff.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Chasing those big blue foam donuts around in training camp is stupid. It's got to stop. Need live tackling. 

Has GB defense been that bad at tackling in 2022?  

I will say there were some big missed tackles in the Philly game, but prior to that, it was not something that GB was floundering in relative to other teams.

some info from pro football reference advanced stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2022_advanced.htm

Compared to the top 10 teams in the NFL in scoring defense, GB despite having played 1 more game has fewer missed tackles than the majority of the teams and a better missed tackle%

Team link Total missed tackles missed tackle %
GB 42 4.9
SF 47 6.4
BUF 56 7.2
DAL 42 5.6
DEN 63 7.7
NYJ 46 6
NE 49 6.3
TB 43 5.6
TEN 63 7.8
PHI 59 7.8
BAL 60 8.4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Striker said:

They have to use tackling dummies/donuts/robots for most of the offseason work and the first four days of training camp because of the CBA. 

I'm sure if a big blue donut rolled down the field during a game, they would be all over it. They still need more live tackling practice.

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Has GB defense been that bad at tackling in 2022?  

I will say there were some big missed tackles in the Philly game, but prior to that, it was not something that GB was floundering in relative to other teams.

some info from pro football reference advanced stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2022_advanced.htm

Compared to the top 10 teams in the NFL in scoring defense, GB despite having played 1 more game has fewer missed tackles than the majority of the teams and a better missed tackle%

Team link Total missed tackles missed tackle %
GB 42 4.9
SF 47 6.4
BUF 56 7.2
DAL 42 5.6
DEN 63 7.7
NYJ 46 6
NE 49 6.3
TB 43 5.6
TEN 63 7.8
PHI 59 7.8
BAL 60 8.4

Savage must have 42 missed tackles by himself. Are they counting the "business decisions" too?

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Savage must have 42 missed tackles by himself. Are they counting the "business decisions" too?

not sure.  just putting some numbers that seem to indicate that GB tackling and missed tackles are possibly not what some are stating

Just now, squire12 said:

not sure.  just putting some numbers that seem to indicate that GB tackling and missed tackles are possibly not what some are stating

Just joking around, man. Don't take me too seriously. I think the tackling got better when Campbell and Douglas arrived. But Savage is awful. That's why he was benched, I bet, and that ankle injury early on against Philly? Was that legit, or just Savage reacting to his demotion? Wouldn't be surprised if he's traded for a mid-round pick before the draft.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Just joking around, man. Don't take me too seriously. I think the tackling got better when Campbell and Douglas arrived. But Savage is awful. That's why he was benched, I bet, and that ankle injury early on against Philly? Was that legit, or just Savage reacting to his demotion? Wouldn't be surprised if he's traded for a mid-round pick before the draft.

Some team will need to really believe they can rehabilitate him if there is to be a trade. Reason being is his contract for 2023 of 7.9 million is fully guaranteed.