Time to Fire LaFleur, Gute, and Murphy And Burn The House Down

LLcheesehead12

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Has GB defense been that bad at tackling in 2022?  

I will say there were some big missed tackles in the Philly game, but prior to that, it was not something that GB was floundering in relative to other teams.

some info from pro football reference advanced stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2022_advanced.htm

Compared to the top 10 teams in the NFL in scoring defense, GB despite having played 1 more game has fewer missed tackles than the majority of the teams and a better missed tackle%

Team link Total missed tackles missed tackle %
GB 42 4.9
SF 47 6.4
BUF 56 7.2
DAL 42 5.6
DEN 63 7.7
NYJ 46 6
NE 49 6.3
TB 43 5.6
TEN 63 7.8
PHI 59 7.8
BAL 60 8.4

Damn lies and statistics!

Those other teams fly to the ball, we do not. When we miss a tackle it seems to result in a first down.

We are really good at tackling after 7-10 yard gains.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Damn lies and statistics!

Those other teams fly to the ball, we do not. When we miss a tackle it seems to result in a first down.

We are really good at tackling after 7-10 yard gains.

possible.   but the lack of GB "flying to the ball" is more a philosophical/scheme thing.  

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

possible.   but the lack of GB "flying to the ball" is more a philosophical/scheme thing.  

Or 'heart' thing. 

I think Barry has lost these guys. Even Kenny Clark has disappeared over the last month.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, pgwingman said:

1. My assertion still stands. I think the players he's drafted have shown talent, but this year the talent hasn't been schemed or coached well. Who have been his "busts" in his drafts? I'd say Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Jace Sternberger, Josiah Deguara, Amari Rodgers. I don't think you can count busts in rounds 4-7, every team bats 10% from those selections

You forgot our awful FS Darnell Savage in that list.  He's the biggest bust pick of Gute's to date.  Awful in coverage.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Just joking around, man. Don't take me too seriously. I think the tackling got better when Campbell and Douglas arrived. But Savage is awful. That's why he was benched, I bet, and that ankle injury early on against Philly? Was that legit, or just Savage reacting to his demotion? Wouldn't be surprised if he's traded for a mid-round pick before the draft.

lets see relative to other safeties

Savage 4 missed tackles, 8.7%

Hufanga (SF) 8 missed tackles, 11.0%

Hamlin (BUF) 5 missed tackles, 6.6%
Poyer (BUF) 1 missed tackle, 2.7% (7 games played)

Wilson (DAL) 9 missed tackles, 11.4%
Kearse (DAL) 1 missed tackle, 2.1%
Hooker (DAL) 7 missed tackles, 14.6%

Kareem Jackson (DEN) 8 missed tackles, 12.1%
Simmons (DEN) 6 missed tackles, 15.0% (6 games played)

Jordan Whitehead (NYJ) 6 missed tackles 9.5%

Antoine Winfield (TB) 1 missed tackle, 1.9%
Keanu Neal (TB) 4 missed tackles, 8.0%

Kevin Byard (TEN) 3 missed tackles, 3.9%

Johnson Gardner (PHI) 11 missed tackles, 15.5%
Marcus Epps (PHI) 10 missed tackles, 14.1%

Chuck Clark (BAL) 3 missed tackles, 4.5%
Kyle Hamilton (BAL) 3 missed tackles, 9.4%
Marcus Williams (BAL) 4 missed tackles, 10.8%

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Or 'heart' thing. 

I think Barry has lost these guys. Even Kenny Clark has disappeared over the last month.

fully agree that the defense doesn't trust the system and there are some that are not going full throttle and may be making 'business decisions"

for those that think Jaire is not playing well.... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlexJa00.htm

advanced stats 

best missed tackle % of his career
similar passer rating against vs 2020

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 21 GNB LCB 23 13 11 1 91 59 64.8% 818 13.9 9.0 3 100.0 11.0 577 241 11 1 0 0.5 2 66 8 10.8%
2019 22 GNB LCB 23 16 16 2 110 59 53.6% 831 14.1 7.6 5 85.8 11.1 519 312 0 0 0 0.0 0 58 8 12.1%
2020* 23 GNB LCB 23 15 15 1 80 41 51.3% 375 9.1 4.7 2 67.4 9.5 252 123 4 0 0 1.0 1 51 5 8.9%
2021 24 GNB DB 23 4 4 1 22 12 54.5% 131 10.9 6.0 2 83.7 10.9 73 58 1 0 0 0.0 0 13 1 7.1%
2022 25 GNB CB 23 11 11 3 58 33 56.9% 359 10.9 6.2 2 65.2 9.0 217 142 0 0 0 0.0 0 41 3 6.8%

On 11/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, PACKRULE said:

Perspective is a mofo when you take the time to view from more than a singular view. 

It is.

But I also know that we wanted more from Rodgers than we got from Favre.

You, like hoping that you learned from past mistakes.

And there is merit in that...it just isn't as easy when looking at an NFL club.

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

Has GB defense been that bad at tackling in 2022?  

I will say there were some big missed tackles in the Philly game, but prior to that, it was not something that GB was floundering in relative to other teams.

some info from pro football reference advanced stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2022_advanced.htm

Compared to the top 10 teams in the NFL in scoring defense, GB despite having played 1 more game has fewer missed tackles than the majority of the teams and a better missed tackle%

17 hours ago, squire12 said:
Team link Total missed tackles missed tackle %
GB 42 4.9
SF 47 6.4
BUF 56 7.2
DAL 42 5.6
DEN 63 7.7
NYJ 46 6
NE 49 6.3
TB 43 5.6
TEN 63 7.8
PHI 59 7.8
BAL 60 8.4

First off...thank you.  I had no idea it was like that.

Then...I wonder what that chart would look like with Savage playing for us.  

16 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Or 'heart' thing. 

It's been longer than that.

He's a solid to very good player.  He's gotta be hurt and not talking about it.

He's too good to play like this if he is healthy.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, squire12 said:

Maybe we need to draft football players who can tackle rather that high RAR guys? Just a thought we tend to draft athletes but were they dam good footballers. Then again what the f**k do i know.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's been longer than that.

He's a solid to very good player.  He's gotta be hurt and not talking about it.

He's too good to play like this if he is healthy.  

Agreed. As I wrote somewhere earlier, I recall he had a groin injury earlier this season. He probably keeps re-aggravating it every week. Too bad our bye is so late. It might have helped.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Maybe we need to draft football players who can tackle rather that high RAR guys? Just a thought we tend to draft athletes but were they dam good footballers. Then again what the f**k do i know.

Walker was thought to be a good tackler and he flat out stunk it up the past few weeks.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

25 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

A good tackler doesn't offer too much to the NFL if they do not have sufficient quality mobility for their position. An exceptionally mobile player might possibly be taught how to tackle properly if given enough aptitude for learning. But you've probably heard this argument on the weekly as it is.

I made the argument at one point- in relation to the Artist Formerly Known as Amari being a scrub despite his college pedigree- that College Tape tends to be halfway deceiving because at any given play regardless of the opponent and the supporting cast, more than half of the players involved are not destined to be a part of the NFL landscape. This generally means there is a lesser quality of overall athleticism and skill at the college level, and thus it takes a lesser amount of competence to become one of the top guys. Walker's tackling ability can be affected from that very same thing, since now he's facing elusive or strong guys on offense half or more of the snaps he takes as opposed to the one-in-ten or twenty times when he was a Bulldog.

Defense is keeping itself healthy for next year.

Saw Gary go down playing for this PAB and they noped out of giving everything for some loser idiot.

Can’t say I blame them. Hope they get loads of sacks/interceptions by accident and that their play reflects poorly enough on Barry they can get someone else.