Trade Dealine-What Moves Would You Make?

Just Want A Title

20 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I can see him getting traded for a 6th that's conditional into a 5th. He started off this year as our CB1 and played really well last year. AO is the last guy in the secondary that I had concerns about coming into this year. 

Amani#24 was never the fastest CB and his recovery speed isn't great.  His length and size should help in in press coverage but that clearly isn't the case.  I think he has become "lionized".  On the other hand, Jeff Okudah played another good game.

Roquan Smith was just traded to Baltimore. 

I think I'll officially be in draft season if we don't win out the next two (very winnable) weeks - 

Packers have looked rough while the Bears have shown a lot of inconsistency. They've now just traded away one of their top defensive pieces. 

If we don't mess this up (it's the Lions.. it's going to happen... but whatever) we'd have Minnesota leading the division with a three-way tie between Detroit, Green Bay and Chicago. All the while, we'd hold the tie-breaker and sit at #2 in the division. 

There's another seven winnable games for a semi-competent team: Giants, Jags, Jets, Panthers, Vikings, Bears, Packers. We're going to get demolished by the Bills. 

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

As you said, it’s the lions. That’ll be the game we win to drop us to pick number 4 or something stupid.

im exaggerating, but I’m not.

And we'll win one or two of those other games, dropping to #5 or #6 - we'll lose out on Anderson, Stroud, Young and maybe even Carter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Claypool now to the Bears. 

Roquan out. Claypool in. 

I don't know if the Bears truly improved with these moves. 

Would have loved to have gotten Roquan, especially for what the Ravens paid. I'd much rather give a new contract to Roquan than Hockenson. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

How do you feel about making a trade inside the division?

I'm not personally a big fan of it. Even if you don't think Hock is at the level of  Kelce or Andrews, he has shown flashes where he can be a dominant talent (see Seattle game). 

If the issue has been our offense (lack of talent and/or play calling) then it's a bad situation that will be compounded twice a year when he comes in and is motivated to dominate. If he's just not the player we thought we were drafting at pick #10, then it's no harm, no foul and you've potentially weakened a division rival. 

It's a risky move that has a lot of potential to backfire. However, it might have been the best deal they could get for him and didn't want to pay him his 5th year option. 

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I'm not personally a big fan of it. Even if you don't think Hock is at the level of  Kelce or Andrews, he has shown flashes where he can be a dominant talent (see Seattle game). 

If the issue has been our offense (lack of talent and/or play calling) then it's a bad situation that will be compounded twice a year when he comes in and is motivated to dominate. If he's just not the player we thought we were drafting at pick #10, then it's no harm, no foul and you've potentially weakened a division rival. 

It's a risky move that has a lot of potential to backfire. However, it might have been the best deal they could get for him and didn't want to pay him his 5th year option. 

Very good response. If you guys make something of the 2nd round pick the Lions just acquired, it could work out for both teams!

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

I wanted defensive players and we traded away Hock. I'm not torn up about it, but not sure why we are not addressing the fatass elephant in the room which is lack of defensive talent. 

I've been saying this forever, this is a long term rebuild which means greater than 3 years. It doesn't matter what most successful NFL teams do, because we are not one of those. They are playing for years 4 and 5 IMO. A 3 year flip was never going to happen with this organization. By not addressing the D, which they won't or at least not with anything significant, they guarantee a high pick this year and will be on the second half of the rebuild. Year 3 will be a wash and Years 4 and 5 is when they will try to be relevant. I think this is clear with what they are doing in FA and with this trade. I'm glad we moved on from Hock, but we are going for capital not players. I'm willing to bet FA will be more of the same next year on D (1 year contracts and nothing significant).

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I really wanted Ed Oliver there.  Or Brian Burns.  Both would look pretty good on our D right now.