Trade Dealine-What Moves Would You Make?

Just Want A Title

44 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

This is entirely the problem.  If you're still only showing random flashes in year four, then it's time to move on.  

The bigger problem is how the TE market has been reset the last couple of off seasons.

Hock is going to get paid like a consistent threat you need to gameplan around, which he just hasn't proven to be. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

The bigger problem is how the TE market has been reset the last couple of off seasons.

Hock is going to get paid like a consistent threat you need to gameplan around, which he just hasn't proven to be. 

Agreed.  Not one of Knox, Njoku, Henry, Smith, Goedert etc are worth 12-14+M a year.  I can see paying guys like Kelce, Andrews, Kittle, and Waller but those guys are threats teams game plan around and change games.  The rest are just solid guys.  TE is like a RB to me, get your usage and move on before overpaying unless you get a super star.  

On 11/1/2022 at 1:45 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I really wanted Ed Oliver there.  Or Brian Burns.  Both would look pretty good on our D right now.  

I did too.  I was super high on both those guys and I was bitching on this forum about taking Hock.  Just from a positional value.  

Yep.  I find it funny that we always want to trade for guys we all wanted to draft and the team pass over them.

12 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I did too.  I was super high on both those guys and I was bitching on this forum about taking Hock.  Just from a positional value.  

Yep.  I find it funny that we always want to trade for guys we all wanted to draft and the team pass over them.

I remember being at a loss when he was drafted. I was really in favour of the trade down that Denver had at #10 when the Steelers traded up for Devin Bush. 

[TJ] would've had to be Travis Kelce or George Kittle during his rookie contract just in order to justify his draft position, let alone a second contract. 

For a guy that was sold to us as "an elite level blocker with high end receiving skills", he hasn't been a strong blocker at all.

RUN BLOCKING

• 2019 - 60.8
  • 2020 - 70.9
  • 2021 - 45.1
  • 2022 - 48.3

PASS BLOCKING

• 2019 - 35.2
  • 2020 - 50.9
  • 2021 - 65.4
  • 2022 - 58.9

RECEIVING

• 2019 - 62.1
  • 2020 - 76.3
  • 2021 - 73.6
  • 2022 - 74.7
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I remember being at a loss when he was drafted. I was really in favour of the trade down that Denver had at #10 when the Steelers traded up for Devin Bush. 

[TJ] would've had to be Travis Kelce or George Kittle during his rookie contract just in order to justify his draft position, let alone a second contract. 

For a guy that was sold to us as "an elite level blocker with high end receiving skills", he hasn't been a strong blocker at all.

RUN BLOCKING

• 2019 - 60.8
  • 2020 - 70.9
  • 2021 - 45.1
  • 2022 - 48.3

PASS BLOCKING

• 2019 - 35.2
  • 2020 - 50.9
  • 2021 - 65.4
  • 2022 - 58.9

RECEIVING

• 2019 - 62.1
  • 2020 - 76.3
  • 2021 - 73.6
  • 2022 - 74.7

Isn't that crazy?  He was an awesome blocker in college.  Like i'm not sure what happened

On 11/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, Millenhater said:

Isn't that crazy?  He was an awesome blocker in college.  Like i'm not sure what happened

He isn't blocking engineers, medical researchers, and pharmacists like he was in the Big Ten West.

• Like 1