Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Other than Gruden we have not had a coach that was able to figure out the 10 am game time riddle.

True I get that. But getting blanked and not even crossing the 50 is epic failure stuff. Esp with saints having key guys out they were the 30th defense we had a top 10 off. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

True I get that. But getting blanked and not even crossing the 50 is epic failure stuff. Esp with saints having key guys out they were the 30th defense we had a top 10 off. 

Fluke game. Both team had underachieved based on the talent level coming in. The team with the better Oline/Dline dominated where it mattered. The Saints defense was bound to rebound, they were a top 5 unit a year ago. 

You get one of these games every year from the Raiders. 3 weeks ago, they went punch for punch with KC on the road. Last year KC blew them off the field twice by halftime. You have to take the good with the bad.

This will either be a wake up call or they pack it in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

My issue with this game is not the loss itself, but HOW they lost.

Defense was going to toasted, we knew that going in. Raiders have nobody who could handle Kamara. Saints game planned him like the Titans did with Henry know damn well the LBs can't cover anyone. 

Offense just could not getting going. Between play calls and poor execution it was discombobulated from the jump. Carr missed an easy 3rd down throw to Hollins. Missed a deep shot to Cole (questionable no call). 

Saints brought 8 into the box to deal with Jacobs and Carr couldn't respond. I want to see a breakdown of the all-22 to see where the problem was.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Saints brought 8 into the box to deal with Jacobs and Carr couldn't respond. I want to see a breakdown of the all-22 to see where the problem was.

The bolded is why you pay a QB $40m a year. It is Carr's job to exploit that and McDaniels job to make adjustments.

Edited by Steins Gate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

All the man does is call stupid plays.

You don't think players notice?? I bet half of the team hates him already.

I am not trying to defend the but there are most likely some who would be loyal to McDaniels over Carr and some that want to get rid of both.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Fluke game. Both team had underachieved based on the talent level coming in. The team with the better Oline/Dline dominated where it mattered. The Saints defense was bound to rebound, they were a top 5 unit a year ago. 

You get one of these games every year from the Raiders. 3 weeks ago, they went punch for punch with KC on the road. Last year KC blew them off the field twice by halftime. You have to take the good with the bad.

This will either be a wake up call or they pack it in. 

Meh they were the hungrier 2 win team that day and we got out coached by our old coach. 

vs Texans we were the hungrier 1 win team

we just looked flat looked like a team that gave up.

At least the defense tried and put up a fight

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh they were the hungrier 2 win team that day and we got out coached by our old coach. 

vs Texans we were the hungrier 1 win team

we just looked flat looked like a team that gave up.

At least the defense tried and put up a fight

I think this has been a long-bubbling issue. 

Waller doesn't want to play hard- could be a mix of things. I've been critical of him. 

But Waller, Renfrow, and Adams all looking checked out? 

They offensive players aren't stupid. Adams has to know running jet sweeps is a waste of time, for example. Renfrow isn't Julian Edelman. Waller isn't Gronk. 

I have a feeling that the offense is going to check out on McDaniels entirely. The sweeps, the trick plays, rotating OL guys half way through the year without ever settling on a lineup, misusing proven talent, they recognize it just as we do. 

Sure, it's easy to run a bum offense against bad teams like Houston, but we've now seen it looking ugly every other game. Josh is going to lose this offense, and team, before long if he hasn't already. I know I keep going back to it as often as Josh does, but how many jet sweeps is Davante Adams gonna put up with running for negative yardage? 

The passing system is bad. And the run game will get worse. Jacobs started with a firey passion, but he's not going to continue to get beaten up when he has no contract security and has to try and carry the offense practically alone. 

I give it another week or two before it becomes so apparent even the deniers can't deny it any longer. 

20 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

NE players vs Old Raiders players

Possibly but you also have players that McDaniels gave a shot to this year.  There could also be players that see Carr as an issue.  This would be an extreme situation and a few other things would need to go bad.  I just think if McDaniels job is threatened he with turn on whoever he needs to.

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think this has been a long-bubbling issue. 

Waller doesn't want to play hard- could be a mix of things. I've been critical of him. 

But Waller, Renfrow, and Adams all looking checked out? 

They offensive players aren't stupid. Adams has to know running jet sweeps is a waste of time, for example. Renfrow isn't Julian Edelman. Waller isn't Gronk. 

I have a feeling that the offense is going to check out on McDaniels entirely. The sweeps, the trick plays, rotating OL guys half way through the year without ever settling on a lineup, misusing proven talent, they recognize it just as we do. 

Sure, it's easy to run a bum offense against bad teams like Houston, but we've now seen it looking ugly every other game. Josh is going to lose this offense, and team, before long if he hasn't already. I know I keep going back to it as often as Josh does, but how many jet sweeps is Davante Adams gonna put up with running for negative yardage? 

The passing system is bad. And the run game will get worse. Jacobs started with a firey passion, but he's not going to continue to get beaten up when he has no contract security and has to try and carry the offense practically alone. 

I give it another week or two before it becomes so apparent even the deniers can't deny it any longer. 

This times 1000

Only thing that will save us is another team meeting 

i remember seeing the body language after that failed fake punt that was game imo at that very moment 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How? He's been one of the most sought after coaches for years. He was waiting for the right spot and circumstances. If anything, Davis was being progressive and the hire was universally praised by football people in the media. 

Some of you guys hate the Patriots so much, you're making up narratives now. Those that didn't like him to begin with are simply piling on at this point. 

Forget the non concrete things like being sought after. Urban Meyer was Sought after. There will always be coaches that are sought after that won't get it done.

The concrete fact is that if you look at his record before he came here as a HEAD COACH(which is what we hired him for) he was 12-17. If you add 2-5 start to that, it is 14-22. That mixed with the faulty Patriots coaching tree is why we should have stayed away from him regardless of what other people feel about him. Let them screw up their franchises. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Forget the non concrete things like being sought after. Urban Meyer was Sought after. There will always be coaches that are sought after that won't get it done.

The concrete fact is that if you look at his record before he came here as a HEAD COACH(which is what we hired him for) he was 12-17. If you add 2-5 start to that, it is 14-22. That mixed with the faulty Patriots coaching tree is why we should have stayed away from him regardless of what other people feel about him. Let them screw up their franchises. 

Any ideas who we should look at?  Only coaches I ever pay attention to are Raiders coaches or possible Raider candidates.