Was Drew Brees a system QB or a natural talent akin to Aaron Rodgers?

notthatbluestuff

Was Drew Brees a system QB or a natural talent akin to Aaron Rodgers?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Brees was the beneficiary of playing on turf, in a dome, with a much better HC, a better run game, and better receivers. He was the perfect "System QB" in a way. I don't know if anybody besides Brady could have performed more efficiently under Brees' circumstances. However, Rodgers was plain BETTER. Top 5 arm talent ever, if not top 2. More accurate at every level of the field besides within 10 yards of the LoS. More athletic, creative, and ballsy. If you want me to pick in a controlled, clean environment, I'll go Brees, but when talking about outdoors, need to duel with another QB, and make huge plays, Rodgers is better. Rodgers is probably my 6-7 greatest QB ever, and Brees might not be top 10.

8 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Brees was the beneficiary of playing on turf, in a dome, with a much better HC, a better run game, and better receivers. He was the perfect "System QB" in a way. I don't know if anybody besides Brady could have performed more efficiently under Brees' circumstances. However, Rodgers was plain BETTER. Top 5 arm talent ever, if not top 2. More accurate at every level of the field besides within 10 yards of the LoS. More athletic, creative, and ballsy. If you want me to pick in a controlled, clean environment, I'll go Brees, but when talking about outdoors, need to duel with another QB, and make huge plays, Rodgers is better. Rodgers is probably my 6-7 greatest QB ever, and Brees might not be top 10.

Lol, Drew Brees a "system QB".

This is a guy that played at an elite level for well over a decade regardless of the talent around him and put up with legendarily bad defenses. He helped completely turn around the culture of a perennial loser.

I agree Rodgers is better, but to say Brees isn't a top ten all timer and is a "system QB" is the most insanely idiotic thing I have heard.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, biggie. said:

I agree Rodgers is better, but to say Brees isn't a top ten all timer and is a "system QB" is the most insanely idiotic thing I have heard.

Well if this is the MOST insanely idiotic thing you've ever heard you're a pretty lucky guy let me tell you

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Well if this is the MOST insanely idiotic thing you've ever heard you're a pretty lucky guy let me tell you

Then again we had the Brady system qurterback thing that went on for like a whole decade, guess Brees has to have that tag now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

Lol, Drew Brees a "system QB".

This is a guy that played at an elite level for well over a decade regardless of the talent around him and put up with legendarily bad defenses. He helped completely turn around the culture of a perennial loser.

Didn't mean it in a negative context. I meant that his situation with a coach who played to his strengths, as well as playing in a controlled environment in a dome was perfect for him, and probably more beneficial to him than it would have been for any other QB. There's an argument for him to not be top 10. I wouldn't make that argument too strongly, but it's there.

2 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Didn't mean it in a negative context. I meant that his situation with a coach who played to his strengths, as well as playing in a controlled environment in a dome was perfect for him, and probably more beneficial to him than it would have been for any other QB. There's an argument for him to not be top 10. I wouldn't make that argument too strongly, but it's there.

Literally the same exact thing can be said about Peyton Manning.

11 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Definitely had the advantage of playing in a dome. I wouldn't say he had better receivers. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams are right up there with anyone Brees had.

• Like 1