BDL 2022 Week 8 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Ivory Coast Black Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2022 at 04:00 AM

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Already more input than @MWil23 gives blue

@Blue gives me a lot of leeway to basically do whatever I want on defense and give my opinion on personnel via free agency and the draft and weigh in on trades.

Rarely do we disagree on players for the most part, and we both try to stick to BPA philosophically.

• Like 1

Went IC. Berlin had some great production out of Pollard and he should be a lead back going forward. Malik didn’t show enough yet. RPO is smart and the Berlin game plan is how he should be used. If Berlin has Hurts instead of Malik at this juncture we would be seeing a different result more likely. For IC the keep the safeties deep to stop the deep shots and then bring a safety in the box if needed is a bit of a contradiction. I get it says if needed but then you’re not staying true to the other part of your plan. I can interpret to mean when you’re in the Cover 1 they are in the box and cover 2 they are deep but I’m not sure if that’s what is meant. Regardless the rest of the plan I enjoyed.

The IC defensive game plan is a bit of a contradiction to me. You want to play your CB's up close, and then play your safeties deep to "force Berlin to beat us deep". By playing your safeties deep......you're forcing Berlin to beat you in the intermediate area because you've left that open by placing your S deep. If you played the corners tight and your safeties in the more intermediate part of the field...then that's forcing Berlin to go deep to beat you. 

That being said, Malik Willis looks completely incapable of beating a defense at any level with his arm right now.

• Like 1