Draft pick watch

Louis Friend

9 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Yep, all settled now. 

Man, if Jalen Carter was somehow still there at 6... Rams beating Denver on Christmas screwed us 😭

We still have a shot at Carter or Anderson IMO.  More likely Carter than Anderson.  Given Andersons size and lower production this year, he could slip a few spots. Especially if 3 QBs move into the top 5.  The Bears very well may trade out of #1 to a QB needy team and if thats anyone other than Indy or Houston, then it adds that likely third QB to the top 5.  A lot will depend on offseason workouts and changes but last year at this time Travon Walker was a late 1st/early 2nd round prospect and Thibodaux was a top 2 pick lock.  There was zero talk of Sauce and Stingley both going top 4. So I still have hope to land one of them or the top CB in the draft.   I am hoping those QBs impress because we aren't in the market in the top of the draft and it just pushes talent down to us.  

I also wouldn't mind one of the top QBs falling to us and being able to trade out to add additional 1sts in future years.  I have always felt thats one of the best ways to continue success in the league.  It also helps hitting on so many picks throughout all rounds like Holmes has.  

9 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Yep, all settled now. 

Man, if Jalen Carter was somehow still there at 6... Rams beating Denver on Christmas screwed us 😭

Our biggest threat to that IMO is Chicago trading down to #5 with Indianapolis. 

1) CHI - TRADE DOWN

2) HOU - QB

3) SEA via DEN >> Will Anderson IMO

4) ARI >> Kyler needs protection

5) IND - QB

6) DET

If Carolina gets aggressive, then it would take Chicago out of the running for someone like Carter because they'd drop down to #9. 

#1 Overall (3000 pts + QB premium = 3600 +/- pts)

for

#9 (1356 pts)

#92 (3rd) - 132 pts

2024 1st (1000 pts)

2025 1st (1000 pts)

That would leave Carolina with both of their 2nd rounders this year plus getting the 1st overall. It's workable. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Our biggest threat to that IMO is Chicago trading down to #5 with Indianapolis. 

1) CHI - TRADE DOWN

2) HOU - QB

3) SEA via DEN >> Will Anderson IMO

4) ARI >> Kyler needs protection

5) IND - QB

6) DET

If Carolina gets aggressive, then it would take Chicago out of the running for someone like Carter because they'd drop down to #9. 

#1 Overall (3000 pts + QB premium = 3600 +/- pts)

for

#9 (1356 pts)

#92 (3rd) - 132 pts

2024 1st (1000 pts)

2025 1st (1000 pts)

That would leave Carolina with both of their 2nd rounders this year plus getting the 1st overall. It's workable. 

I don't see Carolina making that trade.  Their roster needs serious work.  Giving up the farm for a QB this year might not be the answer.  If a trade happens, it will be ahead of draft day and probably involve a combination of picks and players rather than just draft picks.  If I remember correctly players can be included in these types of trades now.

I’ve seen quite a few mocks with Bryan Bresee going to the lions with one of our first two picks. Charlie Campbell, love him or hate him, just mocked him at the 73 pick and said scouts don’t like what they saw last year and appeared out of shape. I found this somewhat interesting as some on here have said similar things.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie_3.php

Edited by LionArkie

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I’ve seen quite a few mocks with Bryan Bresee going to the lions with one of our first two picks. Charlie Campbell, love him or hate him, just mocked him at the 73 pick and said scouts don’t like what they saw last year and appeared out of shape. I found this somewhat interesting as some on here have said similar things.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie_3.php

Bresee has not been good. Everyone who likes Bresee hasn't watched him and is relying on highlight videos. He was a 5-star recruit and played good in limited time as a freshman. He tore his ACL year two and missed time. This season he missed time due to his sister being sick and himself having some sort of illness. When he did play, he didn't show development, lacked athleticism he had as a freshman and looked very limited in the run game. He's not an awful player, but he's not a first round player at this point. Taking him at #6 is downright absurd. 

33 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Bresee has not been good. Everyone who likes Bresee hasn't watched him and is relying on highlight videos. He was a 5-star recruit and played good in limited time as a freshman. He tore his ACL year two and missed time. This season he missed time due to his sister being sick and himself having some sort of illness. When he did play, he didn't show development, lacked athleticism he had as a freshman and looked very limited in the run game. He's not an awful player, but he's not a first round player at this point. Taking him at #6 is downright absurd. 

I think it's relying on physical traits and key moments vs incorporating the whole picture into an evaluation. He's a guy you could justify taking a reach on in the 20's like Jeffrey Simmons. You lose your job if you take that dude at #6 and he falters.