49ers Trade RB Jeff Wilson to the Miami Dolphins

J-ALL-DAY

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Getting a 5th rounder for Wilson sounds about right. Will be a late 5th rounder but solid compensation for a back who was not going to see the field much, if at all after the bye week and one that was going to be a FA at year's end.

We traded two UDFA running backs for 5th rounders after getting good production from each. Great finds. 

• Like 2

Stud LB incoming with the 5th rounder

Good deal for both teams. Excited to see Mitchell/McCaffrey operate as a tandem. This should give them both fresh legs for a postseason run

Wilson had a pretty solid career for us as 2018 UDFA. I'll always remember that game-winning TD in second 2019 Cardinals game. Wish him the best with Miami

• Like 3

Kyle and Co do so well with picks that are undrafted. Either way you look at this, it’s a win. He went undrafted and we were able to get a 5th for him. Productive back and I’ll miss him, but we just have too many mouths to feed at rb especially with Mitchel coming back. Plus this is Wilson’s last yr. 

CMC gets his number. Can he actually change it during the season or does he have to wait? 

We do well with 5th round picks anyways, so keep getting them. Possible RT/C next year lol 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

We traded two UDFA running backs for 5th rounders after getting good production from each. Great finds. 

Couldn't ask for more from them.

Now let's see if we are done or if there is another move out there for us. Last season we made an underrated move in Omenihu that paid big dividends so if there is something like that to be had, I would bet on that opposed to a big name player. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

We somehow got a 5th for Wilson and the Browns couldn't get a 4th for Hunt? 

I suppose they would have just held on to him and risked losing Mason for anything less.. and Miami definitely had to upgrade from Edmonds, so getting a guy familiar to the system and who isn't a woman beater made it worth spending a 5th

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lots of talk that they were interested in moving him. He's gone after the year. They were asking for a 4th

See, that's hard for me to believe because a team like the Rams could have given that type of value. I think they were asking for more. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

See, that's hard for me to believe because a team like the Rams could have given that type of value. I think they were asking for more. 

Maybe they wanted a third from the Rams because the Rams don't have a 4th this year, I think? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe they wanted a third from the Rams because the Rams don't have a 4th this year, I think? 

Yeah, I could see something like that. I don't buy they outright could not get 4th round value for Hunt if they really wanted to move on from him.