Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I give it a .001% chance anything leads to any jail time for any reason, but this should absolutely force the owners to put Dan's feet to the fire on the sale.

The last huge coal mine disaster in the US was in 2010, it killed 29 miners. The owner of the mine only went to country club prison for 6 months & it wasn’t for not following safety laws which led to the workers death, it was for doing what Snyder has done & having two sets of books.

So, maybe he goes for a little while, but I doubt it also.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That's not what the loan was for or their argument. 

It was for Dan personally. The ongoing happenings and result of the inquiry then led to the minority owners selling. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35726691/former-partners-say-dan-snyder-used-team-fund-lifestyle-took-improper-loan-their-approval

I still don't see it.  It clearly says the "Team" took the loan out.  It does not say Snyder personally took the loan.  

I am reading that they are arguing that the team is required to get board of director approval according to their corporate rules.  I would love a list of the Board of directors.  I think we will find it is Dan, Tanya, maybe one of their kids, maybe one or two of Dan's corporate buddies and I guess the question is if whether the minority shareholders are on it.  Even if so they probably have a voting majority without the minority shareholders so the board can vote to take no action.

I see in the article how they are thinly trying to link Dan personally to the team finances for renting his jet to the team.  Again it is no different then renting your automobile to your sole proprietorship.  It is an expense game, every business plays it and definitely every single private corporation.  And maybe they are required to speak with the board about a large loan, but I guarantee they don't speak to the board for every expense deal.  

I also guarantee you investigate any of these NFL teams and you will see this stuff like rampant because they are almost all private companies owned by a family or individual who is wrapped in a corporate structure.  That is a structure that has limited checks and balances and corporate guidelines in place and so allows this game to be played to the max.  This may feel immoral but it is commonplace in every business.  

But again, why do we care?  It is legal in america to be a jerk.  It is legal in america to write off expenses.  This isn't going to help us get what we want.  At best it is only elongating this sale process.  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I am reading that they are arguing that the team is required to get board of director approval according to their corporate rules.  I would love a list of the Board of directors.  I think we will find it is Dan, Tanya, maybe one of their kids, maybe one or two of Dan's corporate buddies and I guess the question is if whether the minority shareholders are on it.  Even if so they probably have a voting majority without the minority shareholders so the board can vote to take no action.

Per the ESPN article that everyone is working from, it was a 6-person board that included the 3 minority owners:

”Late on the evening of June 17, 2020, Snyder informed his partners he had removed them from the team's six-member board. In their petition to the NFL, the partners alleged that Snyder's removal violated their stockholders' agreement and continued "a pattern of gross disregard of both his contractual and fiduciary duties." Snyder immediately replaced the three men with two new directors, Eran Broshy and Gregory Owens. The partners said the two men had worked for Snyder in the past and were "beholden to Snyder."”

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Per the ESPN article that everyone is working from, it was a 6-person board that included the 3 minority owners:

”Late on the evening of June 17, 2020, Snyder informed his partners he had removed them from the team's six-member board. In their petition to the NFL, the partners alleged that Snyder's removal violated their stockholders' agreement and continued "a pattern of gross disregard of both his contractual and fiduciary duties." Snyder immediately replaced the three men with two new directors, Eran Broshy and Gregory Owens. The partners said the two men had worked for Snyder in the past and were "beholden to Snyder."”

Yeah that makes sense.  From Snyder's perspective of course he would remove the people from the board who were currently attacking him.  There is always a termination clause that Snyder can execute and it will say something like "....conduct detrimental to the company....or has materially damaged company..."  They might argue fine points, but my guess is that snyder has written his private company bylaws in a manner that he has control in the end.  I certainly would.

I believe it was about a year later in 2021 that Schar got banned from owning an nfl team for predatory actions.  Just wait for the counter suits.

To summarize, we are all rooting for Snyder to get in trouble for firing members of his own board who made up a link of him to jeffrey epstein to make him look bad (more bad)?  Tough measuring contest on scumbag levels in the Snyder vs Schar scumbag off but it seems in this case the fan base is siding with Schar because of hatred for Snyder.

This was now all years ago.  But we got prosecutors going for fame and publicity.  I just think it is over the top.  Let him sell.  Let him sail off into the sunset and get the heck out of town.  If not it is going to take years to settle the lawsuits.

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

I still don't see it.  It clearly says the "Team" took the loan out.  It does not say Snyder personally took the loan.  

Poor wording on my part. Team took it out. Dan used it personally. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Poor wording on my part. Team took it out. Dan used it personally. 

Well I missed details that @e16bball pointed out as well.  I might be wrong but I read it as Team took loan out and separately we see Dan getting large payments and expenses to the team.  I didn't se a direct link.  Either way it's his company and you see a lot of personal money mixed in these private businesses.  That is kind of the point.  Why the heck shouldn't  you pay yourself and expense the crap out of anything you want from your own company They might be able to run him up the flag pole for this, but it is pretty common for people to do these money moves. 

Maybe it will be a good thing to go after him for this kind of stuff but I think it will just hinder the sale and frankly I guess I don't care so much I want Dan to suffer.  I just would like him to leave...and quickly.  I know most people really want him to get stuffed completely.  I get it.  I just have a problem going after people for this kind of thin nickel and dime charges because people are mad about something else entirely.  If he leaves we are getting what we want as far as I am concerned.

36 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Maybe it will be a good thing to go after him for this kind of stuff but I think it will just hinder the sale and frankly I guess I don't care so much I want Dan to suffer.  I just would like him to leave...and quickly.  I know most people really want him to get stuffed completely.  I get it.  I just have a problem going after people for this kind of thin nickel and dime charges because people are mad about something else entirely.  If he leaves we are getting what we want as far as I am concerned.

Honestly I am petty enough that I hope that a lifetime of misfortune happens to him. I want all of the betrayal, deceit, disappointment and all-time lows that we have endured during his ownership to be returned tenfold to him. 

Well I missed details that @e16bball pointed out as well.  I might be wrong but I read it as Team took loan out and separately we see Dan getting large payments and expenses to the team.  I didn't se a direct link.  Either way it's his company and you see a lot of personal money mixed in these private businesses.  That is kind of the point.  Why the heck shouldn't  you pay yourself and expense the crap out of anything you want from your own company They might be able to run him up the flag pole for this, but it is pretty common for people to do these money moves. 

Because there is a massive difference between some local small business owner doing this and a multi-billion dollar corporation doing it that has multiple owners and a board of directors.  When you're a one man shop you can do whatever you want.  When you're splitting the profits with other owners you can't just spend like crazy because it impacts the profits of the owners.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, offbyone said:

I still don't see it.  It clearly says the "Team" took the loan out.  It does not say Snyder personally took the loan

Snyder initiated the loan which is a debt to the team without the approval of minority owners.  That is what is fraudulent. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, offbyone said:

I see in the article how they are thinly trying to link Dan personally to the team finances for renting his jet to the team.  Again it is no different then renting your automobile to your sole proprietorship.

Its extremely different. 

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

You kidding me? This man took a team that lost the 1999 NFC Divisional playoff game by 1 point bc Dan Turk, the long snapper had a bad snap. We hit that kick &’we’re on the NFC Championship Game & turned it into arguably the worst franchise in the NFL.

Put Snyder in Gen Pop federal prison & throw away the key!

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly I am petty enough that I hope that a lifetime of misfortune happens to him. I want all of the betrayal, deceit, disappointment and all-time lows that we have endured during his ownership to be returned tenfold to him. 

Choose an option:

A)Snyder sells the team in the next 3 months and Snyder and family sail off into the sunset living the high life but never to be associated with Washington again

B)All the prosecutors and the league and everyone refuses to stop piling on and so Snyder ends up losing it all, eventually the league brokers a deal for the team but the snyders lose their fortune.  However, this takes more than 2 more years of this style of news cycle and the team dealing with this backdrop.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Its extremely different. 

I respect your opinion, but I don't see it that way.  Manipulating expenses, deductions, tax "avoidance", taking advantage of your relationship with a business is common and generally legal.

I respect your opinion, but I don't see it that way.  Manipulating expenses, deductions, tax "avoidance", taking advantage of your relationship with a business is common and generally legal.

Yes in relation to avoiding taxes from the government.  Not withholding expense information from your partners who are impacted by it.