NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

Penny as I have said for the longest isnt a good HC.  He is a legit recruiter but yall are seeing why recruiting rankings are useless and it's about coaching.  With that said he would be one hell of an assistant coach.  Imagine if he was at Tennessee as an assistant with his Memphis connections.  

17 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If UCONN is at full strength, are there any tes that can beat them in the tourney?

No. They're going to have to have a really, really off night to lose. They should be heavy, heavy favorites to repeat.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

If UCONN is at full strength, are there any tes that can beat them in the tourney?

if they're healthy and clingan stays out of foul trouble, there's maybe one team in the country i'm scared of. if they shoot reasonably well, that number is closer to zero. the guard play is elite elite, they don't play fast, but they'll absolutely grind your defense down every single trip. between castle, diarra, and spencer they can guard anybody's best guard and they switch up the defensive scheme so much with samson johnson on the floor and i think that's really hard to adjust to for most teams

newton was scoreless for the first 16 minutes today, karaban and castle barely showed up, and they beat a top 5 team by 28

they don't have a way to get an easy bucket during a dry spell like they had last year with hawkins and sanogo but they might brutalize teams so badly it doesn't matter