NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

MSU and Tom Izzo about to end their tournament streak with a team that was a preseason top 5 team.  It feels very much like my Pistons where Izzo has a couple really talented freshman and he keeps playing the older players that suck because the freshman struggle on D a little bit but we are losing with the vets so why not try and play the freshman?  

On 1/12/2024 at 11:13 AM, SkolMasterMN said:

Talking s*** about Bronny makes me think you are a next level type of P.O.S. 

19 year old kid coming back from cardiac arrest. Give the trolling a rest on stuff like that.

I mean, people were down on Bronny before the season and nobody is trashing his injury.  I am a heart patient so I understand how scary that can be but also it doesn't change your abilities physically.  Saying he sucks isn't any different than claiming any other college player sucks, which we often do when they are overhyped. 

On 1/15/2024 at 2:21 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I mean, people were down on Bronny before the season and nobody is trashing his injury.  I am a heart patient so I understand how scary that can be but also it doesn't change your abilities physically.  Saying he sucks isn't any different than claiming any other college player sucks, which we often do when they are overhyped. 

It held back his training and cardio for a while, which makes a difference. Less time on the basketball court, so I'm sure it might lead to him playing a little timid. He clearly has lots of athletic talent and potential, give him some time. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

It held back his training and cardio for a while, which makes a difference. Less time on the basketball court, so I'm sure it might lead to him playing a little timid. He clearly has lots of athletic talent and potential, give him some time. 

Sure his cardio might be down but he is playing 17 mins per game. He was knocked before the cardiac incident for his lack of vision (almost 1-1 Assist to TO), shooting (23% from 3, 35% overall, 64% FT, 44% true shooting), and lack of rebounding (1.4 in 17 mins per game).  He isn't good at anything and missing a couple months with an injury, no matter what it is, isn't why. Plenty of people miss time and don't shoot 23% from three or have a 10 PER.  He may have potential but he sure has a long ways to go before ever seriously being an NBA prospect let alone a lottery pick that people were talking before the season.