NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

On 12/9/2023 at 4:56 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Wisconsin is 12th on Kenpom and getting blasted by UA

Blew out UVA on neutral court (canceled out beatdown received at Providence as far as KP is concerned), beat Marquette, then won @ MSU (...granted this looks less impressive by the day). Was an earned ranking. Really don't think much separates the top 30 teams outside of the big dogs, who I would define as Arizona, Purdue, UConn, Kansas, Houston and maybe Marquette.

Wisconsin just unraveled after that Arizona run in the 1st half. That is a DEEP team, and Wisconsin couldn't turn to their usual safety valve on offense, the Crowl post up, because Ballo could handle it 1 on 1. Is Wisconsin the 12th best team in the country? Probably not, but they're one of those top 30 teams to be sure so impressive W for Arizona.

I was as big a Tubelis fan as anyone, but I think losing him, and going smaller, has taken that D to a new level where they can be a quicker and more aggressive unit. Offense still as potent as ever. Excited for the Purdue matchup. I think UA wins.

On 12/16/2023 at 3:32 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

MSU is destroying #6 Baylor...

That was the MSU we expected.  The 15% from three and horrible defensive team that showed up the rest of the season hopefully stays away and never comes back.  But MSU needed that win for tournament time given all the losses early and rough start in the Big 10.