NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:
6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how all of the pieces are going to fit together yet.

I'm assuming that we'll lose:

Flip / Mitchell / Proctor - NBA

Reeves / Blakes / Schutt - Transfer

Young - Graduation

-------------------------------------

Ideally Roach, McCain, and Foster all return, particularly at least one of Roach / McCain

Then I imagine the roster would look like:

G - McCain

G - Roach | Knueppel | Harris

G - Foster | Evans

F - Flagg | Stewart | Power

F - Malauch | Ngongba 

Expand  

I'll be the first to tell you Knueppel ain't a guard

Yeah.  I don't see him being able to defend the 2 spot.  Probably needs to be a 3/4 on defense.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:06 AM, Texansfan713 said:

How so?  Granted I never was a Cronin fan as a person but 2 sweet 16's and a final four appearance at UCLA is pretty impressive. I know this year is a down year for them

He inherited the last regime’s players.  They were not only great college players but stayed 4-5 years.  I just don’t think he can recruit his kind of players and making it work there.  They’re gone get smoked in the B10 next year. 

27 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

He inherited the last regime’s players.  They were not only great college players but stayed 4-5 years.  I just don’t think he can recruit his kind of players and making it work there.  They’re gone get smoked in the B10 next year. 

They just won 31 games, won the Pac-12, and made the Sweet 16 with all of his own players.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They just won 31 games, won the Pac-12, and made the Sweet 16 with all of his own players.

Jaime Jaquez and Tyger Campbell were Alford recruits.  Their F4 team with the exception of Juzang were Alford guys.  Credit to Cronin for developing them but he’s got all his own players now that don’t fit his coaching style and 84th ranked recruiting class for 24’.

45 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Duke still coaching their players to trip opponents, too.

I was hoping that Ingram would turn around and give Filipussy the follow-up H Bomb that Hendo landed on Bisping back at UFC 100 while he was down on the ground like the ***** he is.

10 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Jaime Jaquez and Tyger Campbell were Alford recruits.  Their F4 team with the exception of Juzang were Alford guys.  Credit to Cronin for developing them but he’s got all his own players now that don’t fit his coaching style and 84th ranked recruiting class for 24’.

They have 7 freshmen and 2 sophomores that were top 80 players in their recruiting classes. They obviously haven't been good this year but he has brought in some talent over the last two cycles, if he can develop them they'll be okay. They're kind of going the Gonzaga route by prioritizing foreigners, 5 of their commits over the last 2 years are from overseas.