Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

15 hours ago, squire12 said:

If Rodgers is traded, key addition to the QB room is a veteran that can be a mentor for Love.  Flacco, Dalton, Bridgewater, Keenum, Mariotta

I like the list, especially Dalton.  Maybe Cooper Rush, too.  The key is who is willing to be a backup and mentor for lower end back up money.  Which is why I lean towards Dalton.  Don't know why, but I feel like he'll work for less for some reason.

41 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Sounds like Benkert at Virginia. 

WHOA WHOA WHOA BUDDY! Benkert is a gentleman and scholar, no need for this sort of slander.

I think we should all realize that neither of these fellas should get a free shot at backup QB there needs to be talent added and competition created, whether that be a drafted guy or a vet, we cant just go into the preseason saying "congratulations, Etling, YOURE THE BACKUP!"

The strengths of this draft seem to be Edge and TE, could see that also being the Packers first two selections. The more I watch the more I like. 

Along with the CB group as well. 

Doesn't seem to be the deepest draft, but the strengths of this draft my line up well with the Packers weaknesses. 

Edited by R T

I rewatched some of Van Ness again last night.  Do we think he is stout enough to line up as a third DL?  I think I would really like to have a situation where there is a legit pass rush threat right in front of Gary to overwhelm one side of the OL.  Is he a guy that can add 10-15 pounds without losing some of what makes him special? Is there a guy like that? Am I overthinking it?

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I rewatched some of Van Ness again last night.  Do we think he is stout enough to line up as a third DL?  I think I would really like to have a situation where there is a legit pass rush threat right in front of Gary to overwhelm one side of the OL.  Is he a guy that can add 10-15 pounds without losing some of what makes him special? Is there a guy like that? Am I overthinking it?

I think he can be a plus EDGE.  Like a quicker version of Preston.

And his floor is a much better version of Lowry, if he's more on the line and not the EDGE.