Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Way too slow to go in the top 14...

Nope! Disagree, this is aoubt what he was projected to run. Had he run near 4.4 that would have been a shock. If he was a 4.4 guy or lower, he would have run at the combine.

He's quick more than fast. He's a hell of a player, I'd just rather he not be a Packer. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I always bet on the funniest outcome, and one of the funniest outcomes in this draft would be getting JL10 a 1st round WR right away. I think there is decent chance it happens. 

No! 

The only reason I'd like it to happen if to get a reaction out of Rodgers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Way too slow to go in the top 14...

I honestly did not expect him to run sub 4.5.

If anything, I'm loving this.  It means he should be there for us, if we want him.  And maybe even there via a trade down.

Did he ever do the 3 cone?  Vertical?  Broad jump?  I want see if he shows the quicks in those drills like he did on tape.

Edited by vegas492

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Nope! Disagree, this is aoubt what he was projected to run. Had he run near 4.4 that would have been a shock. If he was a 4.4 guy or lower, he would have run at the combine.

He's quick more than fast. He's a hell of a player, I'd just rather he not be a Packer. 

C'mon guys. I shouldn't have to use green font here. 

JSN is not good enough to be drafted in the top 14 picks. He seems more like a guy who should come off the board right around pick 15. 

• Like 2

Just now, packfanfb said:

C'mon guys. I shouldn't have to use green font here. 

JSN is not good enough to be drafted in the top 14 picks. He seems more like a guy who should come off the board right around pick 15. 

He wont be there at 15 cause we'll be getting him at 13 :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That guy from TCU will be a way better pro.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I honestly did not expect him to run sub 4.5.

If anything, I'm loving this.  It means he should be there for us, if we want him.  And maybe even there via a trade down.

Did he ever do the 3 cone?  Vertical?  Broad jump?  I want see if he shows the quicks in those drills like he did on tape.

He did very well in the 3 cone, the best at the combine.  He's got some Devante Adams in him, not the greatest speed, but he has really good twitch. He'll be great in the middle of the field.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I like QJ but this is false. If JSN doesn't sit out most of the season with the hamstring issue, QJ doesn't have the chance to pass him on draftnik boards.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I've seen his film.  He's a beast.  Big and fast.  Also?  Hands aren't the best.

If you are looking for someone to compliment what we have in Watson, the best compliment is JSN.  Not the TCU kid.

Now, if you want a true boundary receiver that needs work on route running and hands?  While giving you big play opportunities?  He's your guy.

The polished WR who can win on routes right away and work from the slot or boundary, well, that is JSN.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think in order for us to draft JSN we will need that 13th pick and have 2 first rounders.

If we have just one first round pick, I think we are going:

Van Ness, or Nolan Smith, or an OT.

I think it totally depends on the outcome of the Jets trade. If we get Davis or Moore in the trade, then yea, we probably aren't taking a WR in round 1 (we should still take JSN but I'm a realist). If we get a Jermaine Johnson (less likely outcome) and no WR, then that might change things. 

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I've seen his film.  He's a beast.  Big and fast.  Also?  Hands aren't the best.

If you are looking for someone to compliment what we have in Watson, the best compliment is JSN.  Not the TCU kid.

Now, if you want a true boundary receiver that needs work on route running and hands?  While giving you big play opportunities?  He's your guy.

The polished WR who can win on routes right away and work from the slot or boundary, well, that is JSN.

Recent OSU receivers stepped in day 1 ready to rip. JSN is our guy if we go WR in 1. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think it totally depends on the outcome of the Jets trade. If we get Davis or Moore in the trade, then yea, we probably aren't taking a WR in round 1 (we should still take JSN but I'm a realist). If we get a Jermaine Johnson (less likely outcome) and no WR, then that might change things. 

I don't think Davis would deter us from taking JSN but Moore probably would. I just don't think we're longing for Moore due to his size and his issues with MLF's brother last year. 

JSN would be the go-to-guy for Love.  Not a real vertical threat guy, but high volume, chain mover, first down guy.  He'd lead the Packers in receptions right out of the block.

I think that's important for a first year QB as a safety valve., but where that is on the Packers priority list is the question?

Edited by NFLGURU