Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 round ot, 2a edge, 2b t.e., 3rd round wr, 4th/5th round safety/edge 2. Something like this and i think we are in great shape 

ot: pj, brojo, wright

Edge: foskey, adebawore, anudike-uzomah, beal jr (Later)

Te: washington, la porta

Wr: tillman, or mingo

Safety: ronnie hickman, chamarri conner

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I was mostly just messing with you. 

To me, Gute's fate is tied to Love.  It is really as simple as that.  

Could be, but Gute has at least 2 years left with Murphy and then Murphy could extend Gute as he walks out the door in Jul 2025.  I dont know if he'd do that but he could.  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

One thing has become clear on calls around league past couple weeks: NFL isn’t nearly as high on this year’s WR class as media. Frequently seeing 4-5 wideouts in mocks. Have spoken to numerous teams that have only one first round grade at the position. That guy is JSN.

Agree with that. Fans and media are so used to slotting WR's in the 1st round that even when it is not justified, they still show up there. The strength of the WR board is on day 3, a lot of 3rd and 4th WR types to fill out roster this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Agree with that. Fans and media are so used to slotting WR's in the 1st round that even when it is not justified, they still show up there. The strength of the WR board is on day 3, a lot of 3rd and 4th WR types to fill out roster this year. 

There have also been several really good classes over the past 3or 4 years. That recency bias means people come to expect several guys to go in the 1st, this year might not be as rich. With the contracts WR1 are now getting, finding a guy that can play at a high level on a rookie contract is a pretty big deal. Hopefully we have our youth movement taking a nice step this year. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, Packerraymond said:

Got through about 5 games of Wright. I'm comfortable with him at 15. About 80% of Tennessee's plays are worthless from a scouting standpoint on the OL, but in the 20% there's some rare explosion stuff and he just doesn't get moved. Still don't like him more than Jones and Johnson, but he's my OL 3 and I'm good with him if he's the pick.

Also, Hendon Hooker, damn. If he was 21/22, I'd put him at QB3 in this draft. I think he's better than Stroud personally. Have to knock his grade substantially being a 26 year old rookie though.

I was sleeping on Wright.  And that was wrong, as in not right.

He's pretty special at tackle.  Either tackle.  I can see him as the pick, easily.  And he would be an excellent one.

17 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

One thing has become clear on calls around league past couple weeks: NFL isn’t nearly as high on this year’s WR class as media. Frequently seeing 4-5 wideouts in mocks. Have spoken to numerous teams that have only one first round grade at the position. That guy is JSN.

We know I am a Christian Watson fanboy.  But none of these WRs are as good as Christian Watson was a year ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I was mostly just messing with you. 

To me, Gute's fate is tied to Love.  It is really as simple as that.  

My guess is that there are a bunch of people on this board who would support Gute even if Love doesn't work out.  Hope we don't find out.

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

My guess is that there are a bunch of people on this board who would support Gute even if Love doesn't work out.  Hope we don't find out.

My guess is that there are a bunch of people on this board who would bash Gute even if Love does work out. Hope we do find out. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

My guess is that there are a bunch of people on this board who would bash Gute even if Love does work out. Hope we do find out. 

Agreed.   I've made my stance clear and would be among them.   

We wasted what should have been SB years through Gute's mismanagement of the roster.  Giving AR the contract last year is the definition of mismanagement.  How can you support that?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The only way Wright gets past Chicago's pick is if they take Johnson instead.

Johnson is going to be great after a year in an nfl weight room.  I would be ecstatic to get him. Cant teach 36 inch arms

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

We wasted what should have been SB years through Gute's mismanagement of the roster.  Giving AR the contract last year is the definition of mismanagement.  How can you support that?

Gutes doesn't operate as a sole decision maker here. Mark Murphy is involved, and he makes decisions based on the court of public opinion, public opinion was to run it back, all-in, as long they were winning divisions and making playoff runs. Gutes is sometimes handicapped by things that Ron Wolf and Ted Thompson were not. But he knew that the day he was offered the job. 

Do I support the contract, no but I understand it. If it was up to me, I would have traded Rodgers after the 2018 season. That was when the tail started wagging the dog and those situations never end well. Take a boatload of picks and start anew, but they didn't because of public opinion. 

You on the other hand love to pound your chest and let everyone know that you would have done things differently. Newsflash for you, a lot of people would have, but they also understand that the court of public opinion wasn't going to let it happen for Gutes no matter how much he may have wanted to go in a different direction. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Don't try and reason with some of them. Aaron is the devil and Gute is amazing. Just don't bring up his drafts because he's at least better than Mike mayock and Bill B at drafting.