Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

His C.O.D. doesn't make biological sense.

Sorry, but your GM is Brian Gutekunst. He probably doesn't even know Flowers' name, haha.

Get on the JSN train why there's still time if you want an early round impact weapon for Love. 

9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’d bet at least 3 WRs go on the first

Not sure how much that is saying, the over/under in Vagas is 4.5. They are saying JSN, Flowers, Addison and Johnston have a strong likelihood of going and now bet on if another goes or not. I would bet not. 

Odds to be the first WR selected JSN -280, Flowers +400, Addison +800, Johnston +1000.

Draft position selected JSN 12.5, Flowers 24.5. The over 12.5 for JSN is getting played right now, it's at -190.

Edited by R T

16 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

Was there anyone who DIDN'T want Watson at 22 or 28?

I'm not sure that I did.  Telling on myself here, but I wanted to get a "ready' WR higher (Olave) then I wanted to double dip in the second round for Watson.   I viewed Watson as a developmental WR who would need more time, and we needed real receiving help ASAP.

16 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Because a majority of the forum are against it. Regardless of the fact he's better than both our first rounders. 

Absolutely not.  Many, MANY of us were pining for Olave.  Some were pining for Wison.  I know that @Packerraymond was defending Drake London as a good first round WR for us.  There was a lot of talk about it.  Tons.

Watson wasn't really in the conversation because he did not play against big time competition.  His route running wasn't very good or polished and he had the dropsies.  What we knew about him was that he was large and extremely fast.  But at best, we all knew that he was a project at WR, not an immediate contributor like the guys that were going to go higher.

Prior to 'Vante leaving, yes, there was some bias against WR in the first.  But last year, all bets were off with those two first round picks and the huge holes in the WR room.

I feel that it is the same way this year.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Absolutely not.  Many, MANY of us were pining for Olave.  Some were pining for Wison.  I know that @Packerraymond was defending Drake London as a good first round WR for us.  There was a lot of talk about it.  Tons.

Watson wasn't really in the conversation because he did not play against big time competition.  His route running wasn't very good or polished and he had the dropsies.  What we knew about him was that he was large and extremely fast.  But at best, we all knew that he was a project at WR, not an immediate contributor like the guys that were going to go higher.

Prior to 'Vante leaving, yes, there was some bias against WR in the first.  But last year, all bets were off with those two first round picks and the huge holes in the WR room.

I feel that it is the same way this year.

I was the London hater actually. Doesn't separate enough for me. Same issue I have with Mayer this year and why I'm low on him. I was on the Pickens hype train.

16 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Give me Van Ness in the first and LaPorta/ Washington in the second. If Kincaid is there, trade up to the bottom of the first for him. Thanks, Gute. 

Love 
PackFan 13 

I feel like Van Ness has like a 25% chance of being there with our pick.  If you want EDGE, and he's gone, who are you next two that you'd take at #15?

Smith?  MM?

That's the conundrum that I'm in regarding the draft.  While I want an EDGE, the guy I want is probably not going to be there.  And I'm not sure that the other two are worth that pick.

If JSN and LVN are off of the board, I'm seriously thinking of Wright, assuming Johnson is gone.  And if they are all gone, I'm trading back big time.

And if we do trade back (takes two to tango), then I feel like the draft sets up nicely to pick, then move back up for a TE that may fall to the end of round one or top of round two.  Hopefully that is Kincaid.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

He'd bring a certain type of attitude to the team we may be missing.

The more I watch and read about him, the more I like him.  It is bordering on a crush right now.

6'5'' 333 pounds.  21.6 years old.  507 pass blocking snaps last year, 0 sacks given up.  2 hits.  6 hurries.  

He played RT and LT.  

There is a lot to love about that prospect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Oh I agree, they will. And I think Hyatt and JSN are solid late firsts, I suppose. Just not good value at our higher pick. 

I love JSN, but I agree with you concerning his talent versus the draft position.  When drafting higher, you want more from a WR.  Prototypical size/speed....etc.  JSN has the elite quickness and stuff like that, but just not quite the size and speed that you ideally want higher in the first round.

To be fair?  I'd still take him at our pick, because he is a crush of mine, but I very much get what you are saying.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I was the London hater actually. Doesn't separate enough for me. Same issue I have with Mayer this year and why I'm low on him. I was on the Pickens hype train.

Last year you had a nice write up on Drake.  You weren't on the hype train for him at all, but you did mention the size, catching radius and blocking that he would give the offense.  While carefully stating that his ceiling was likely 1,000 yards a couple times in his career, but more of a 700-900 yard boundary WR.  Not a game breaker at all, just a nice boundary WR that fit our offense.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The more I watch and read about him, the more I like him.  It is bordering on a crush right now.

6'5'' 333 pounds.  21.6 years old.  507 pass blocking snaps last year, 0 sacks given up.  2 hits.  6 hurries.  

He played RT and LT.  

There is a lot to love about that prospect.

How many Darnells are in this draft? We can just take them all. They all seem to be great Packers fits.

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

How many Darnells are in this draft? We can just take them all. They all seem to be great Packers fits.

I'd have to look it up.  I'm not sure that there are many with 900 snap counts at LT and RT.  Let alone ones that are 6'5'' and 330 plus with those feet.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You weren't THE London hater.  I also hated Drake London.  I believe I called him "first round Allen Lazard," or something to that effect.  And I will stand by that take.  

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like Van Ness has like a 25% chance of being there with our pick.  If you want EDGE, and he's gone, who are you next two that you'd take at #15?

Smith?  MM?

That's the conundrum that I'm in regarding the draft.  While I want an EDGE, the guy I want is probably not going to be there.  And I'm not sure that the other two are worth that pick.

If JSN and LVN are off of the board, I'm seriously thinking of Wright, assuming Johnson is gone.  And if they are all gone, I'm trading back big time.

And if we do trade back (takes two to tango), then I feel like the draft sets up nicely to pick, then move back up for a TE that may fall to the end of round one or top of round two.  Hopefully that is Kincaid.  

No JSN or LVN, I am on the Wright wagon.  I think he is an easy plug and play RT for 8 years, at least.  We can do the LT/RT dance when we decide what to do with Bakhtiari, Nijman, and Tom in a season or so. 

I feel like Nolan Smith is a player that I would think about, but ultimately pass on because of his size.  If I miss on Nolan Smith, so be it, the weight just scares me.  I am sure there will be some plays that he makes to prove me wrong.  I just feel like I want that to be another team's issue.  I feel like he is the 49ers offense's wet dream to go against.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Sorry, but your GM is Brian Gutekunst. He probably doesn't even know Flowers' name, haha.

Get on the JSN train why there's still time if you want an early round impact weapon for Love. 

I like JSN but I doubt he'll be there at 15.  Houston makes a lot of sense at 12 if they take a QB at 2 (Maybe even more if it's his teammate Stroud)

The Packers are going to have to move to get Flowers.  Cant see Gute taking an undersized WR at 15, so theyd likely have to move back from 15 or move up from 45.  Can't see it with the holes on this team.  JMO.