Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Because it literally dates the pro day results. None of those sites do. Here's another pro day 1.60 from Packers 247.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Green-Bay-Packers-Davante-Adams-2014-Pro-Day-Fresno-State--51804446/

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Cracking-the-Packers-draft-code-Receivers-131113263/

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

In your most recent posts? You know, where you continuously change your mind the more you dig? I remember Nolan Smith being your top 3 guy for the Packers too.

He was at the time I watched him.

Time is weird that way. As you get more things accomplished, perspectives change. That being said, Smith is absolutely still in that top 5ish guys for me.

Edited by incognito_man

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He was at the time I watched him.

Time is weird that way. As you get more things accomplished, perspectives change. That being said, Smith is absolutely still in that top 5ish guys for me.

EDIT - NVM, you're right, I'm wrong per usual. Have a great Tuesday.

Edited by beekay414

Yo not really trying to argue here, just want to hear your reasoning for why you think the 1.53 10 yard is right over the 1.6 @incognito_man. Hear me out real quick and then give me your feedback. Trying to have a less snarky conversation here.

So, Davante runs a 4.56 40 at the combine and then a 4.51 40 at his pro day. That we can all agree on? So, what makes more sense here. That he cut a full 10th of a second of his 10 yard split or that he cut 0.04 seconds off it (from 1.64 to 1.53 or 1.64 to 1.6) while cutting 0.05 seconds off his 40? You're better at math than I am.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yo not really trying to argue here, just want to hear your reasoning for why you think the 1.53 10 yard is right over the 1.6 @incognito_man. Hear me out real quick and then give me your feedback. Trying to have a less snarky conversation here.

So, Davante runs a 4.56 40 at the combine and then a 4.51 40 at his pro day. That we can all agree on? So, what makes more sense here. That he cut a full 10th of a second of his 10 yard split or that he cut 0.04 seconds off it (from 1.64 to 1.53 or 1.64 to 1.6) while cutting 0.05 seconds off his 40? You're better at math than I am.

My default is to use the best recorded value for these guys. I get the appeal of using combine do to equality, but **** happens. The truth is/was probably somewhere in the middle. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

My default is to use the best recorded value for these guys. I get the appeal of using combine do to equality, but **** happens. The truth is/was probably somewhere in the middle. 

But I'm trying to find the reasoning in the math, not what someone may or may not have put out. For all we know, one place made an error (either way) and multiple places ran with it. Unfortunately, anything with access to the actual results is long gone bad link-wise so nobody will really know. Draftscout has never let me down on players results so I'll always default to them.

Though, what I'm asking is what makes more sense. That he cut over a tenth of a second off one portion of his time while only cutting half that from his total time or that he cut reasonably the same time off his 10 yard split as he did his 40? Trying to find the math here.

Edited by beekay414

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

But I'm trying to find the reasoning in the math, not what someone may or may not have put out. For all we know, one place made an error (either way) and multiple places ran with it. Unfortunately, anything with access to the actual results is long gone bad link-wise so nobody will really know. Draftscout has never let me down on players results so I'll always default to them.

Though, what I'm asking is what makes more sense. That he cut over a tenth of a second off one portion of his time while only cutting half that from his total time or that he cut reasonably the same time off his 10 yard split as he did his 40? Trying to find the math here.

maybe his start was better but he ran worse? 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Amon-Ra St. Brown - 1.63 10 yard split
Davante Adams - 1.64 10 yard split

Both top 10 in YAC at WR in the NFL last year. There's more to it than 10 yard splits. 

EDIT - I'll even add CeeDee Lamb's 1.58 10 yard split to that list. He was also top 10 at WR in YAC. All 3 of those guys posted 4.50 40 times or worse during the draft process as well. All three guys are exceptional route runners. Coincidence?

Still fighting the good fight I see...