Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

Jason Peters was undrafted... are you really taking a developmental tackle in the 1st round???

I saw this hot take by some Youtuber a few weeks back. I think that would be complete waste of draft capital.  

47 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

To me, I just don't see the special that a lot of people seem to get.  I posted Kincaid highlights and Jace Sternberger highlights together the other day.  I don't see a difference.  If we want to get away from Packers TEs, I see Jace Amaro.  I see guys that are a little too slow to be WRs, but not physical enough to block anyone that you expect a typical TE to be able to block.  I don't like the mold in general, and I really don't like it in the first round.  

Let's say the Lions draft Witherspoon, and we draft Kincaid.  Who is winning that match-up?

Sounds mainly an issue with TE in the first.  With you there.  If he fell to the 2nd?  I like LaPorta on the 2nd a lot more than Koncaid in the 1st.

3 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Haven't watched much on Kincaid yet.   What don't you like about him?  Too one dimensional? Back Issues?

Kincaid is going to be the first TE off the board. The back is fine, age is the knock. I've realized we are rebuilding and have too many holes to take TE at 15. I'd love someone like Washington/ LaPorta in the second.

Simms confirmed my bias. Kincaid is in a tier of his own of the TEs this year and the blocking is sufficient. Obviously he's more of a pass catcher but don't let people fool you and act like he's afraid of contact or incapable at it. He thinks he goes top 15 and possibly even top 10. 

Elite hands and route running from a TE sounds like a nice change of pace from the garbage we've had for the last 5 years. I just hope he goes out of the division. I fear Detroit will snag him and it'll haunt us for years to come. 

Edited by PackFan13

I'm not an NFL scout, and don't know how the draft will roll.  But I think a lot of teams will have priorities higher than TE. 

I think the Packers should let the league decide for them for TE.  Between Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, and Kraft, the Packers favorite might not be there at 45.   But I'd be surprised if there weren't 2 or more of those guys still available at 42/43/45.  Take one who's still there, get good value, and adjust your usage based on what he can do well.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

To me, I just don't see the special that a lot of people seem to get.  I posted Kincaid highlights and Jace Sternberger highlights together the other day.  I don't see a difference.  If we want to get away from Packers TEs, I see Jace Amaro.  I see guys that are a little too slow to be WRs, but not physical enough to block anyone that you expect a typical TE to be able to block.  I don't like the mold in general, and I really don't like it in the first round.  

Let's say the Lions draft Witherspoon, and we draft Kincaid.  Who is winning that match-up?

Bro... Haha. Kincaid is that trashcan Jace ?! This is the worst take yet. I get not wanting him round one but holy **** you need to get your glasses checked.

1 minute ago, craig said:

I'm not an NFL scout, and don't know how the draft will roll.  But I think a lot of teams will have priorities higher than TE. 

I think the Packers should let the league decide for them for TE.  Between Kincaid, Mayer, Washington, Musgrave, and Kraft, the Packers favorite might not be there at 45.   But I'd be surprised if there weren't 2 or more of those guys still available at 42/43/45.  Take one who's still there, get good value, and adjust your usage based on what he can do well.  

I would not be surprised if kincaid was the only one off the board by 42