Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You know I wouldn’t mind us drafting Washington 15th overall.

It would make everyone shut up about drafting a TE top 24 for the next 20 years as he busts just like…

Pitts, Howard, Ebron, Eiffert, Fant, Gresham, Pettigrew, Davis, Winslow, Graham, Shockey, Engram and Franks.

That list by the way… Every TE drafted top 24 since the start of this current century.

But we’ll certainly get lucky. Mhmm. Sure. Thumbs up.

In what world are those guys busts? Lol.

Davis, Shockey, Winslow all had great careers and Pitts, Hock, Engram are on their way.

Eifert and Fant are quality NFL players. Seems pretty safe to me.

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Every Edge that Gute has drafted has had a vertical of at least 36. Van Ness had a 31. Is that a disqualifier, at least as far as being a 1st round pick? 

No. The film still comes first. There shouldn't be any concerns whatsoever about LVN's ability to convert speed to power.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

In what world are those guys busts? Lol.

Davis, Shockey, Winslow all had great careers and Pitts, Hock, Engram are on their way.

Eifert and Fant are quality NFL players. Seems pretty safe to me.

Vernon Davis was not worth 6th overall.

Shockey had 5 more career touchdowns than Bubba Franks. Had a catch percentage 6% lower than Richard Rodgers.

Winslow? Are you joking? He had the same catch% as Shockey and had 8 more touchdowns than Tonyan currently has. You think he was worth his draft position?

Hock who got traded from the team that drafted him Hock? How is that not a bust?

Evan Engram who is also not on his original team? Noah Fant who is also not on his original team?

Eifert who had 9 more career touchdowns and 1,000 more career yards than Tonyan currently has?

Der, Der, I’ll take drafting tight ends in the 4th-7th round until I get lucky over those picks.

Don’t be an idiot. If you use a top 24 pick on a TE and you’re getting Robert Tonyan at 100% it’s a bust.

Kyle Pitts has a catch percentage of 56.8 by the way. Lol.

If all you do is watch highlights, Richard Rodgers is the GOAT Hail Mary TE of all time.

Pitts is not well on his way. He’s getting volume states because the Falcons care more about selling jerseys than winning Super Bowls.

Pitts had 6 yards per target this year before he got hurt. That’s .2 yards per target better than any year of Richard ****ing Rodgers’ Green Bay career.

Ray you’re usually not so stupid. Everything okay at home?

20 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Every Edge that Gute has drafted has had a vertical of at least 36. Van Ness had a 31. Is that a disqualifier, at least as far as being a 1st round pick? 

After last year's draft, can we really have any preconceived notions about what Gute will do?

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You know I wouldn’t mind us drafting Washington 15th overall.

It would make everyone shut up about drafting a TE top 24 for the next 20 years as he busts just like…

Pitts, Howard, Ebron, Eiffert, Fant, Gresham, Pettigrew, Davis, Winslow, Graham, Shockey, Engram and Franks.

That list by the way… Every TE drafted top 24 since the start of this current century.

But we’ll certainly get lucky. Mhmm. Sure. Thumbs up.

That reminds me of QB’s. Of the 24 picked in the top-10 from 2006-18, you could call at least 16 of them busts. Exceptions being P.Mahomes, J.Allen, M.Stafford, M.Ryan, C.Newton, A.Luck, R.Tannehill, J.Goff. & if you remove all the ones that were drafted with the #1 pick, you’ve got 13 out of 17 that are busts with pick #2 thru #10. 

And before you blame the QB of the Falcons, both Firsker and Pruitt, two names you’ve never heard of, were better in Atlanta in catch percentage, and yards per reception than Pitts.

Mycole Pruitt also happened to have 4 more touchdowns in 6 less starts.

That’s not right. He had 4 total touchdowns in 4 total starts. Pitts has 3 career touchdowns in 25 career starts.

But yeah. Lol. Let’s draft a TE 13th overall.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

And before you blame the QB of the Falcons, both Firsker and Pruitt, two names you’ve never heard of, were better in Atlanta in catch percentage, and yards per reception than Pitts.

Mycole Pruitt also happened to have 4 more touchdowns in 6 less starts.

That’s not right. He had 4 total touchdowns in 4 total starts. Pitts has 3 career touchdowns in 25 career starts.

But yeah. Lol. Let’s draft a TE 13th overall.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TransientTexan said:

That reminds me of QB’s. Of the 24 picked in the top-10 from 2006-18, you could call at least 16 of them busts. Exceptions being P.Mahomes, J.Allen, M.Stafford, M.Ryan, C.Newton, A.Luck, R.Tannehill, J.Goff. & if you remove all the ones that were drafted with the #1 pick, you’ve got 13 out of 17 that are busts with pick #2 thru #10. 

If this is an attempt at a gotcha, it’s really not.

QB busts only happen these days when teams wreck them by starting them on a roster with no talent.

There’s not a well-run franchise that could have a bust at QB since the rule changes of about 5 years ago.

Additionally, I’d never draft a QB and start them in the first year.

And finally, if I’m drafting top half of the draft, I’m getting the best OT, EDGE, DL in that order before I’m drafting a QB if they’re comparable in terms of grades.

And I’m drafting my QB in rounds 2, 3 or 4, one a year minimum, while playing the most moderately priced veteran available until one of my 2nd-4th round quarterbacks are ready or until my top 10 QB has sat for a year and I’ve solidified my OL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

You know I’m right though. Deep down you know.

I don’t hate TEs. I hate trying to get what doesn’t exist, and the Kelce/Gronkowski QB everyone thinks is waiting out there isn’t waiting out there.

So I’m a world where Ebron and Hock and Pitts are all can’t miss… I don’t trust a can’t miss.

3 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Why would you interpret that as a gotcha?

I didn’t know. I thought you were like, “Der so we better not draft a QB either.”

When you’re an absolute **** like me you kinda expect it.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You know I’m right though. Deep down you know.

I don’t hate TEs. I hate trying to get what doesn’t exist, and the Kelce/Gronkowski QB everyone thinks is waiting out there isn’t waiting out there.

So I’m a world where Ebron and Hock and Pitts are all can’t miss… I don’t trust a can’t miss.

Kelce and Gronk would never have made it to where they did if healthy at the Combine, and they definitely would've been 1st rounders in today's draft world that puts such a heavy focus on athletic testing.