Week 10: Broncos @ Titans

TitanLegend

14 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Think it was TicTacTitans on Twitter who said it today 

we don’t approach games/the passing game with the objective to get the ball in certain guys hands 

its baffling and was an issue that popped up even when AJ was here 

Literally every other team is like “let’s get the ball into our playmakers hands”

in the titans eyes, getting the ball to Swaim is of no more/less importance than getting the ball to Burks or Chig. All pass catchers are created equal in this offense 

the worst part about this is that they clearly realize they have a game-changer in derrick, and speak openly about wanting to get the ball in his hands a certain number of times per game. but somehow, some way, this simply doesn't apply to anyone who catches passes. we say it a lot but it truly is a stone-age mindset.

i truly don't know what it's going to take for this franchise to enter the 21st century. coach after coach, FO after FO and the one constant through success, failure, and everything in between is a fundamental aversion to making plays through the air.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the worst part about this is that they clearly realize they have a game-changer in derrick, and speak openly about wanting to get the ball in his hands a certain number of times per game. but somehow, some way, this simply doesn't apply to anyone who catches passes. we say it a lot but it truly is a stone-age mindset.

i truly don't know what it's going to take for this franchise to enter the 21st century. coach after coach, FO after FO and the one constant through success, failure, and everything in between is a fundamental aversion to making plays through the air.

It will be interesting to see what Vrabel looks like in a post dominant Henry world.

I think he will adjust accordingly. He will have to.

4 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It will be interesting to see what Vrabel looks like in a post dominant Henry world.

I think he will adjust accordingly. He will have to.

i think so too, but i simply cannot see why we making a concerted effort to get the ball into the hands of talented pass catchers and derrick henry are mutually exclusive to him

• Like 1

Not being able to pass-block since Conklin left without leaving 7 in to block isn't helping our gameplan get more pass-heavy.

We averaged over 270 YPG passing in 2019 and it has gotten progressively worse each year as the offensive roster has deteriorated to the garbage that it is now.

We have one of the worst OLs in the NFL and the most explosive receiving weapon on our roster is a 4th round rookie TE.

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna run it too.

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I’d attribute this more to the coaching staff. Sure Robinson brought him in but he was on a PS for a reason. Bowen/Schwartz/Williams have been doing a great job with the DL. 

I was waiting for someone to give Robinson credit for having a bad enough roster that our coaches have to get production out of other teams practice squad guys.

Edited by TitanSS

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I’d attribute this more to the coaching staff. Sure Robinson brought him in but he was on a PS for a reason. Bowen/Schwartz/Williams have been doing a great job with the DL. 

Fair enough but you we can't have it both ways. 
Do we fault the coaches for having a talented player but not finding a way to get them the ball or do we say the GM is bad for picking them?

It's a balancing act.  
GM saw something in the player and the coaches got it out of him. I think that is fair. You can't have one without the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I was waiting for someone to give Robinson credit for having a bad enough roster that our coaches have to get production out of other teams practice squad guys.

Yeah a roster that’s 6-3 and still in for a shout at the one seed. They’re not great but it’s not a bad roster 🙄

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

Yeah a roster that’s 6-3 and still in for a shout at the one seed. They’re not great but it’s not a bad roster 🙄

Just to explain my perspective. 

I think our record is better than our personnel for a few reasons, but mostly because we have won 6 one score games, all against teams that are at or below .500. We have lost all 3 games we have played against teams that are over .500.

Of those 6 games we've won, it has been almost entirely because of our defense. Obviously the offense had to score some points, but we have only won one game in which we've allowed more than 17 points, and we only allowed 22 in that game.

Our defense is far outperforming our offense despite having to heavily rely on depth player acquisitions, none of which have been considered highly productive prior to being in Tennessee, nor will they likely be considered highly productive when they leave. Our coaches are getting top notch production from these players.

On offense, we are the worst team in the league at moving the ball through the air. We have the worst WR group and OL pass-blocking group in the NFL by most metrics. I'm not sure where we are in PPG as an offense, but I'd wager it's near the bottom.

I hope we can continue to win and can beat teams with a winning record, but I think it's far too simplistic to just look at a teams record and be like "yep, my analysis is done".

I'm not saying it's the worst roster in the NFL. I'm not saying everything our GM has ever done is bad. All I was saying is that I knew someone would point to a practice squad player over-achieiving at some point and try to spin it into their usual "In JRob We Trust" garbage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Just to explain my perspective. 

I think our record is better than our personnel for a few reasons, but mostly because we have won 6 one score games, all against teams that are at or below .500. We have lost all 3 games we have played against teams that are over .500.

Of those 6 games we've won, it has been almost entirely because of our defense. Obviously the offense had to score some points, but we have only won one game in which we've allowed more than 17 points, and we only allowed 22 in that game.

Our defense is far outperforming our offense despite having to heavily rely on depth player acquisitions, none of which have been considered highly productive prior to being in Tennessee, nor will they likely be considered highly productive when they leave. Our coaches are getting top notch production from these players.

On offense, we are the worst team in the league at moving the ball through the air. We have the worst WR group and OL pass-blocking group in the NFL by most metrics. I'm not sure where we are in PPG as an offense, but I'd wager it's near the bottom.

I hope we can continue to win and can beat teams with a winning record, but I think it's far too simplistic to just look at a teams record and be like "yep, my analysis is done".

I'm not saying it's the worst roster in the NFL. I'm not saying everything our GM has ever done is bad. All I was saying is that I knew someone would point to a practice squad player over-achieiving at some point and try to spin it into their usual "In JRob We Trust" garbage.

One game we lost because we missed a very makeable last second FG, and another we lost because we had to start a garbage rookie QB.

48 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

One game we lost because we missed a very makeable last second FG, and another we lost because we had to start a garbage rookie QB.

In every one score game, the losing team could point to a single play or hypothetical reason they should have won the game if it had gone differently.

We just happen to be one of very few teams who consistently stay on the winning side of one score games.

But that's goes with my original point that no one's opinion should be so simplistic as to look at a W/L record and conclude their analysis 

Edited by TitanSS