The OBJ Thread

textaz03

The OBJ Thread  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want OBJ wearing a Cowboys Star?

• Yes, SIGN HIM NOW JERRY!!
    • Ummmm Not only no but hell no!!

Apparently OBJ took a bunch of his pay from the Rams in bitcoin and lost pretty bad. He also has a lawsuit with Nike going on. Idk know everything but it sounds like a guy “hurting” for cash. Probably not the hurting you and I go through at times, but his finances don’t sound great. 

I think this seems like a good in-season thread of Cowboys news.

I don’t think the Callaway signing means Dallas isn’t interested in OBJ, but I’m guessing it probably means they aren’t signing OBJ.

Takk is mildly intriguing as someone who had success under DQ previously.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I think this seems like a good in-season thread of Cowboys news.

I don’t think the Callaway signing means Dallas isn’t interested in OBJ, but I’m guessing it probably means they aren’t signing OBJ.

Takk is mildly intriguing as someone who had success under DQ previously.

Really liked AC coming out of Florida. Ran a 4.41, and had talent. Just needs to keep his head on straight. 

The team does need receiver help, but I don't think Odell is the answer. What they really need is a banger out wide, the kind of guy with the wingspan and physicality to muscle in tough catches or out fight a DB in the air. Who can make the tough ones over the middle with a safety bearing down on him too. Someone like Jeudy who we for some reason weren't able to secure a trade for...

Odell probably slides in as an upgrade in the slot, and affords Gallup more opportunities outside and up the field where he is best. But I don't think he outright fills the bigger need on that depth chart. I'd be fine with it because it's help the team needs, but I'm still pretty sore we didn't lock in Jeudy or add a physical target in the off season. The team has become so "finesse" with guys like Lamb and Pollard taking on bigger roles, and adding a speedy finesse type in Washington (when he is back and ready to go full speed, it will help a lot..watch!) And finesse works much better in today's NFL than in eras past. But there's no replacing that physically powerful element. And having Zeke adds a dimension of it to the ground, but what about through the air?

Odell...sure. Jeudy would have been better.

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

The team does need receiver help, but I don't think Odell is the answer. What they really need is a banger out wide, the kind of guy with the wingspan and physicality to muscle in tough catches or out fight a DB in the air. Who can make the tough ones over the middle with a safety bearing down on him too. Someone like Jeudy who we for some reason weren't able to secure a trade for...

Odell probably slides in as an upgrade in the slot, and affords Gallup more opportunities outside and up the field where he is best. But I don't think he outright fills the bigger need on that depth chart. I'd be fine with it because it's help the team needs, but I'm still pretty sore we didn't lock in Jeudy or add a physical target in the off season. The team has become so "finesse" with guys like Lamb and Pollard taking on bigger roles, and adding a speedy finesse type in Washington (when he is back and ready to go full speed, it will help a lot..watch!) And finesse works much better in today's NFL than in eras past. But there's no replacing that physically powerful element. And having Zeke adds a dimension of it to the ground, but what about through the air?

Odell...sure. Jeudy would have been better.

We made an offer for Jeudy.

But that’s not the choice right now. It’s OBJ or nothing. Need to get it done, Jerry. 

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Kinda depends on how well the knee is recovered.  If he can still get open quickly, it would be a great addition.  That’s Dak’s comfort zone.  

Concur.

If OBJ is ~90%+ of what he was last year, I think he makes a huge difference for our offense. Only having 2 legit NFL receivers is a massive drag on the offense. Every time you put Noah Brown out there, you make it easier on the defense.