The OBJ Thread

textaz03

The OBJ Thread  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want OBJ wearing a Cowboys Star?

• Yes, SIGN HIM NOW JERRY!!
    • Ummmm Not only no but hell no!!

Funny I was really on board with it last year, but only mildly intrigued this year.

I remember debating whether or not he was washed last year or if it was just Baker Mayfield. He then signed with the Rams and did well, while Baker was miserable in Carolina this year. So I guess that answered that. 

Still… a third ACL now? He is a year older. He wants Amari Cooper money, and multiple years. What shape is he in? Will he bring anything this year? 

Lots question marks make this a lukewarm signing for me if it happens. Not against it though. He obviously has special talents. Maybe he’ll be just what Dak needs in a WR and be relatively healthy for 3 straight years. Maybe we can work it where the 3 year deal is front loaded to this half season(while we have the space), and barely hit the cap the next two when Daks money is funny. 

Edited by DaBoys

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Funny I was really on board with it last year, but only mildly intrigued this year.

I remember debating whether or not he was washed last year or if it was just Baker Mayfield. He then signed with the Rams and did well, while Baker was miserable in Carolina this year. So I guess that answered that. 

Still… a third ACL now? He is a year older. He wants Amari Cooper money, and multiple years. What shape is he in? Will he bring anything this year? 

Lots question marks make this a lukewarm signing for me if it happens. Not against it though. He obviously has special talents. Maybe he’ll be just what Dak needs in a WR and be relatively healthy for 3 straight years. Maybe we can work it where the 3 year deal is front loaded to this half season(while we have the space), and barely hit the cap the next two when Daks money is funny. 

Amari had 3 years/$60M remaining on his deal when we traded him. There’s no way Odell is going for anywhere near that much.

I tend to doubt it’ll even require a guaranteed second year, think the multi-year aspect of the deal will be for SB proration. Maybe he gets a partial 2023 guarantee or incentives based on team results.

Just seems like there’s too much mutual interest for them not to meet in the middle somewhere. I just think “why not?”, assuming he’s fully cleared. It’s Odell freaking Beckham. Jerry’s right, he’s going to look sick in a Cowboys uniform.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Re: the money, he’s anchoring high on his ask. But he’s not going to get a multi-year contract at $20M per year. Maybe as a hired mercenary he can get that on a pro-rated basis for 2022, which would be $7.5M for after Thanksgiving. Even that is probably really optimistic for him. So I don’t think the money part is worth stressing too much over. We have the cap space and the opportunity in a weak NFC this year, so the only question in my mind is, does he move the needle on our Super Bowl hopes?

For me, that’ll probably come down to what the doctors say. Even if he is a bit washed, he’d be a WR3 upgrade for this team. Lukewarm is still probably the right reaction. Might not be a game changer, but an incremental improvement could turn out to be the difference in a close playoff game.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Amari had 3 years/$60M remaining on his deal when we traded him. There’s no way Odell is going for anywhere near that much.

I tend to doubt it’ll even require a guaranteed second year, think the multi-year aspect of the deal will be for SB proration. Maybe he gets a partial 2023 guarantee or incentives based on team results.

Just seems like there’s too much mutual interest for them not to meet in the middle somewhere. I just think “why not?”, assuming he’s fully cleared. It’s Odell freaking Beckham. Jerry’s right, he’s going to look sick in a Cowboys uniform.

Word is he wants a deal like Chris Godwin / Mike Williams recently signed. They sandwich Amari Cooper on this list:

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver

I thought this was interesting:

“Whether it’s Buffalo, Green Bay calling, the Cowboys, a reunion with the Giants,” Beckham said, “I want to be able to spill my last — I’m not saying I’ve only got three or four (years) left — but these next three or four (years) into (a place) where I can buy a home. Like, I can call this place home.”

Knowing that he is a warm weather Louisiana kid, and wants a place to grow roots… kind of rules out NYC/Buffalo imo 

Edited by DaBoys

34 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Word is he wants a deal like Chris Godwin / Mike Williams recently signed. They sandwich Amari Cooper on this list:

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver

Yeah, there’s just no way. I couldn’t see any team actually signing him to that kind of contract, especially not right now. It’s been years since he’s been that kind of player for a full season.

So really it just comes down to if he wants to play this year or not. Seems like he does. Dallas is the obvious fit. Get it done. Assuming his health checks out the only question left for me is his jersey number since 3 and 13 are taken

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah, there’s just no way. I couldn’t see any team actually signing him to that kind of contract, especially not right now. It’s been years since he’s been that kind of player for a full season.

So really it just comes down to if he wants to play this year or not. Seems like he does. Dallas is the obvious fit. Get it done. Assuming his health checks out the only question left for me is his jersey number since 3 and 13 are taken

I’ll say #80

That would give us an Alvin Harper to our #88

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Make AB go back to 30

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I thought this was interesting:

“Whether it’s Buffalo, Green Bay calling, the Cowboys, a reunion with the Giants,” Beckham said, “I want to be able to spill my last — I’m not saying I’ve only got three or four (years) left — but these next three or four (years) into (a place) where I can buy a home. Like, I can call this place home.”

Knowing that he is a warm weather Louisiana kid, and wants a place to grow roots… kind of rules out NYC/Buffalo imo 

It would rule out Green Bay as well.