The OBJ Thread

textaz03

The OBJ Thread  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want OBJ wearing a Cowboys Star?

• Yes, SIGN HIM NOW JERRY!!
    • Ummmm Not only no but hell no!!

2 hours ago, D82 said:

On a one-year deal? Sure. Why not. 

Assuming he's healthy he'd be an asset to the passing game down the stretch. 

To be honest, a one year deal isn’t realistic for a variety of reasons: first, it would be more like a 6 game deal. Second, if he plays well, then you’ve positioned yourself where you don’t have any leverage to retain him since other teams will assuredly throw more money at him. The smart thing is to aim for an incentive laden deal for the rest if this year and 2-3 seasons after that. He’ll get the longer term security that he’s looking for, and the team will have the ability to get out of the contract if he falls apart.

• Like 1

I think it’s time to pull the trigger on him. Watching tonight’s game, we desperately need another WR to free up CeeDee and Gallup. The other receivers on this team are not threatening at all, DB’s have no respect for any of them. Also, I need to go back and look at Daks targets. But I don’t think he targeted many WR’s not named CeeDee or Gallup. 

I’m pretty lukewarm on signing OBJ. Not saying he wouldn’t help, but I don’t see him putting this team over the top. A reincarnation of Wilfork or Ngata would be better.

Fwiw, this team has been truly dense managing WR spot last few yrs.

Edited by WizardHawk

OBJ could do the dirty work over the middle and become a safety valve for lack of a better term.  However, I think OBJ wants to win now so that will diminish Dallas' chances of signing him.  Dallas needs an upgrade at CB over Brown, Bland, and Joseph and needs to figure out how to stop the run.  Those are more pressing needs.

9 hours ago, Northland said:

Dallas needs an upgrade at CB over Brown, Bland, and Joseph and needs to figure out how to stop the run.  Those are more pressing needs.

While this is true, is there somebody right now on the open market who is an upgrade at CB? Or a LB or DT to fix the run game? IDK if there is. So, I would take OBJ and bolster our offense.
We can help our Defense by keeping opposing Offenses off the field by sustaining drives and scoring points. OBJ can help in that regards. 

14 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

While this is true, is there somebody right now on the open market who is an upgrade at CB? Or a LB or DT to fix the run game? IDK if there is. So, I would take OBJ and bolster our offense.
We can help our Defense by keeping opposing Offenses off the field by sustaining drives and scoring points. OBJ can help in that regards. 

There aren't.  I'm just stating the obvious namely how suspect the defense is.  Something tells me that if OBJ was coming to Dallas it would have happened by now.

10 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

OBJ isn't going to help with the issues we have. Especially for what he's asking for.

^this

That said, I’m not losing my mind if we sign him. $20 mil a year is what we agreed too with Cooper two years ago. I think it was a mistake to let him go. So getting OBJ at the same deal with low guarantees, high incentives, and easy outs? I’m okay with it. Not losing my mind either way.