Week 11: NY Jets vs NE Pats

Bobby816

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never mind how Fields has been playing, that we could've drafted as well. You give Fields the WRs and defense we have. And he'd be great. I got laughed at on here when I even brought up the fact that I liked Fields more than Wilson. And a big reason I liked Fields more was bc he was proven against better talent. I did not like that Wilson played garbage teams mostly his whole college career, so I thought he was a huge question mark. Where Fields was playing against A LOT of NFL talent every week for several years.

What's done is done so no sense of playing the what if game. Fact is is that we need better QB play to be good. Our defense and skill position players are too good to be held back like they are. Something has to change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. To keep believing Wilson is going to get it one day is insane at this stage. So make a change.

I know a few of us were on Fields and then unfortunately suffered from the lull after the college season, and played through injury right?  Zach came out of nowhere and looked good in shorts then skyrocketed.  Typical.

At least JD and Saleh have gotten everything else right together.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Zach has learned nothing in 2 years.

His completion percentage and TD to INT ratio is identical to last season. And I don't need to sate the obvious that both those numbers are embarrassingly bad. The Josh Allen excuse is gone now. After week 5 of Allen's 2nd year his stat line was 15tds to 2ints. So the Zach believers need to stop with the "well some guys take 2 years to get it, look at Josh Allen." It took Allen a season and a 1/3 to get it. Wilson is already there and had 9 completions for 77yds yesterday. Allen was having 3 TD games. Wilson has 4 TDs in 7 games this year. And its not a talent issue around him. No excuses. I'm no longer making excuses or saying we need to be patient with him. Every time he's our starter I'll be skeptical of him. He is getting 0 benefit of the doubt anymore from me. 

I know I'm hanging by a thread here but I'm giving him one more shot against a poor Chicago defense.  NE and BB can make QBs look awful.  Denver has made QBs look awful, including their own ha! But next week will be a nice test.  What does Fields do against our defense?  Our offense needs MINIMUM 350 yards next week.  100 on the ground 250 in the air.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Zach has learned nothing in 2 years.

His completion percentage and TD to INT ratio is identical to last season. And I don't need to sate the obvious that both those numbers are embarrassingly bad. The Josh Allen excuse is gone now. After week 5 of Allen's 2nd year his stat line was 15tds to 2ints. So the Zach believers need to stop with the "well some guys take 2 years to get it, look at Josh Allen." It took Allen a season and a 1/3 to get it. Wilson is already there and had 9 completions for 77yds yesterday. Allen was having 3 TD games. Wilson has 4 TDs in 7 games this year. And its not a talent issue around him. No excuses. I'm no longer making excuses or saying we need to be patient with him. Every time he's our starter I'll be skeptical of him. He is getting 0 benefit of the doubt anymore from me. 

I have to agree with your last two post. I liked Fields also, I  know very little about Wilson before the draft. And the rest of your post on Wilson is so true. What the heck do we do now?

Just now, doumeyer said:

I have to agree with your last two post. I liked Fields also, I  know very little about Wilson before the draft. And the rest of your post on Wilson is so true. What the heck do we do now?

Ya the what if game with Fields or anyone doesn't help anything. So no sense of going down that rabbit hole.

Wilson will start this next week against CHI, he hasn't lost his job YET. If we can come away with a win in CHI he buys himself more time. But if he looks like he just did.... he's not finishing the game. The other thing to think about is the 2 games after CHI is MIN and BUF. 2 very tough teams that in all likelihood. Games he likely will have to put up points in order to win. And there's 0 confidence in Zach's ability to win a game for us with his play. We've consistently win despite of his play, not bc of his play. Play like that doesn't equal long term success. It works if that guy's job is to not lose you the game but is getting better and developing. Zach has shown 0 to think he's getting better or developing. You can argue he's getting worse. 

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'd love to see some stats somehow but thinking about it, MLF is brutal when we can't run the ball.  He's amazing when we can.  Yesterday some of those run calls were so bad, too many plays are slow developing.  

He didn’t do himself any favors, he called a bad game and we continuously just throw first down away. But there were some passes to be made, Zach just can’t find them