Week 11: NY Jets vs NE Pats

Bobby816

50 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sorry but I have a feeling that Aaron Rodgers will be a Jet next year. The Jets have all the guys to make a deep run but need that good strong QB for 2-3 years. Aaron fits the bill. 

They don't have the cap space. Currently only have 4.6m. If any NY team wants to do it the Giants are there with 50 million

42 minutes ago, Malik said:

They don't have the cap space. Currently only have 4.6m. If any NY team wants to do it the Giants are there with 50 million

We have $17M as of right now next year. Lawson and Davis could save another $25M. Tomlinson and Mosley as post June 1 cuts saves another $30M. Since the post June 1 money has to stay on the books until June 1, we effectively have $42M we can use on FA’s and extensions. I don’t think we need to have all the cap space for the draft class until we actually sign them.

The point is that we, more than likely, have enough to extend Q and sign a top QB.  This also does not take into account the voodoo accounting to free up more space. 

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Real talk, how do we all feel about Jimmy G? It's uninspiring but it's logical considering the SF ties.

He just stood in the pocket on 3rd and 7, took a shot to the chest, and converted to Kittle.  Haven't seen Zach stand in the pocket take a hit and complete a pass.  Let alone a 3rd and 7.

He's a great fit for us, and we should be a great fit for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Real talk, how do we all feel about Jimmy G? It's uninspiring but it's logical considering the SF ties.

With our D, offensive weapons and a presumed upgrade on the OL, Jimmy G would get us to the playoffs. He may not be a world beater, but all we need is competent QB play.

He also has two TD passes tonight as of this posting.  That is half as many as Wilson has in 7 games. 

7 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah he fits the bill for us, but we most likely do not fit the bill for him.

Next year we will have an offensive line which will be good with AVT and Becton coming back. More resources will go into the line in the offseason too. 

Our running back room is one of the best in the league. 

We are full of playmakers at reciever and our right ends are decent. 

Plus we have an elite defense. Are they not all the things Rodgers would want?! 

6 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I’m not so sure I’d want Rodgers. Like Zach, it is never his fault even when it is. He is too critical of his teammates. Not something you want when trying to establish a new culture in the locker room. Lastly, he is clinging to the edge of the cliff talent wise.

He will probably hang it up anyway. 

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’m not so sure I’d want Rodgers. Like Zach, it is never his fault even when it is. He is too critical of his teammates. Not something you want when trying to establish a new culture in the locker room. Lastly, he is clinging to the edge of the cliff talent wise.

Yeah I’m good on Rodgers. Don’t want his attitude in the building and to sell out for a 1-2 year window. Plus I doubt we win a SuperBowl with him. Granted it’s the NFC, but Brady accomplished more in the postseason in 2 years than Rodgers did his entire career.

7 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Next year we will have an offensive line which will be good with AVT and Becton coming back. More resources will go into the line in the offseason too. 

Our running back room is one of the best in the league. 

We are full of playmakers at reciever and our right ends are decent. 

My point went way over your head. I'm sure he'd love to pay NJ state income tax with that contract he's got.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Not a bad point but Rodgers actually knows how to put a winning product on the field. He can get away with it a lot more.

43 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah I’m good on Rodgers. Don’t want his attitude in the building and to sell out for a 1-2 year window. Plus I doubt we win a SuperBowl with him. Granted it’s the NFC, but Brady accomplished more in the postseason in 2 years than Rodgers did his entire career.

Sort of would fit the trend with LAR/TB winning Super Bowls after adding that final piece of the puzzle though.

7 hours ago, jetjuice said:

My point went way over your head. I'm sure he'd love to pay NJ state income tax with that contract he's got.

You didn’t make a point. You just said we don’t fit the bill for him. If its just money then just that. 

Or was your ‘point’ the fact you were able to include the word ‘bill’ meaning money in the sentence? If so it didn’t go over my head it just wasn’t a funny joke.