Week 11 Thread: 5-5 Commanders @ 1-7-1 Texans - Our favorite type of trap game

MikeT14

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Against the never were's .. 

That’s not true.

Tristan Wirfs from Iowa went 13th in the 2020 draft & Chase faced him in college.

Chase also faced Rashawn Slater, the Chargers starting LT who played at Northwestern.

He also faced some good OL from Michigan & Wisconsin.

And, he faced Jackson Carman vs Clemson in the CFP.

2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

That defense last year did not have the production and swag they have this year. I think if Chase were committing to what Del Rio is doing with these guys, he would have way more opportunities. 

The defense last year was too full of themselves to start the season bc of how they finished the 2020 season that’s for sure. That wasn’t all on Chase, it was the whole D except for Jon Allen & probably Payne also. 

Again, the tape doesn’t lie, yes Chase at times was trying to go wide at times, but other times he wasn’t. One thing that did hurt him on his pass rush last year is he started doing this stutter move like he was trying to cross over an OT per say sometimes & that slowed down his pass rush. When he was a rookie he never did that, he just went right at the OT & used his hands or leverage/power against them.  

I also will always point out how crappy our back 7 played for the first 4 or 5 weeks of the season. When a back 7 plays as bad as we were, the pass rush can’t get home bc receivers are running wide open all over & the QB can get the ball out quick.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not true.

Tristan Wirfs from Iowa went 13th in the 2020 draft & Chase faced him in college.

Chase also faced Rashawn Slater, the Chargers starting LT who played at Northwestern.

He also faced some good OL from Michigan & Wisconsin.

And, he faced Jackson Carman vs Clemson in the CFP.

Did he dominate those guys. Damn Turtle- don't make me look up game stats ! 😆

OMG, you made me do it ! I just watched Tristain Wirfs handle Chase like he was his little brother playing in the back yard. Iowa 48, Ohio St 24. Watch it for yourself. Everyone is always telling me . Watch the tape. Well, you guys can watch this tape and the non-factor Chase Young . 

Edited by RSkinGM

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

OMG, you made me do it ! I just watched Tristain Wirfs handle Chase like he was his little brother playing in the back yard. Iowa 48, Ohio St 24. Watch it for yourself. Everyone is always telling me . Watch the tape. Well, you guys can watch this tape and the non-factor Chase Young . 

The last I see that Iowa played Ohio State was 2017. Which would've made Chase a freshman and I'm pretty sure he was behind Bosa so I don't see how he treated him like his little brother?

Its just weird to watch you come to this conclusion that he's overrated? His last season in college he had a sack or half sack in every single game except two. He also had 21 TFL. He had 6 games over his last season with multiple sacks. To put that in perspective, Nick Bosa had 8.5 sacks and 16 TFL in his final full season. Chase had 16.5 sacks and 21 TFL. So did you believe Bosa was overrated as well or is this just a Chase thing?

Edited by lavar703

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The last I see that Iowa played Ohio State was 2017. Which would've made Chase a freshman and I'm pretty sure he was behind Bosa so I don't see how he treated him like his little brother?

It was 2017, both were Freshman

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It was 2017, both were Freshman

Whirfs and Chase? So do you believe Chase is the exact same guy he was as a freshman in college? Go back and look at some pics of Chase as a freshman and then look at him when he left Ohio State. You tell me that's the same guy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Whirfs and Chase? So do you believe Chase is the exact same guy he was as a freshman in college? Go back and look at some pics of Chase as a freshman and then look at him when he left Ohio State. You tell me that's the same guy. 

hey Turtle was the one bragging about Chase playing Wirfs in college . I just did the research.

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I’m just responding to the assumption that he never played against anyone in college. That’s hogwash.

5 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

We can at least agree that you hope Chase Young proves you wrong. Right? 

Absolutely ! I'm a L O N G time Washington rooter. I want succes for every player/ coach etc . (Except for the Snyders ) It's just my opinion that Chase Young is nothing special. Hell yeah, prove me wrong Kid ! Good Luck to ya !

• Like 1