Zach Wilson

biggie.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

@NYJets4716 is avoiding FF like the plague. Was running his mouth after the Bills win because I said before the Bills game, I’d be surprised if Zach is the starter after their bye (Pats game) and then he puts up that stinker. My goodness. 😂

Funny how that works, huh? That dude (and others) were ALL OVER this place after they beat GB thinking they were the **** and Zach Wilson was "doing his job perfectly" (handing the ball off) while the Jets won those games.

All of a sudden Wilson is back to sucking (which he was also doing beforehand but now they're losing) and those guys disappear. 

It's like clockwork.

• Like 2

This also seems like a good offseason to move on from Zach. The Jets have shown that they have the talent to be competitive and should be even better/deeper next year with another draft, offseason, and year for their young guys to get healthy and develop. 

Jimmy G makes too much sense for them considering his ties to their coaching staff. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

This also seems like a good offseason to move on from Zach. The Jets have shown that they have the talent to be competitive and should be even better/deeper next year with another draft, offseason, and year for their young guys to get healthy and develop. 

Jimmy G makes too much sense for them considering his ties to their coaching staff. 

Trade for Aaron Rodgers IMO

Hell, trade for Lamar Jackson if you can. 4 1st-round picks + Joe Flacco should do it.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Trade for Aaron Rodgers IMO

Hell, trade for Lamar Jackson if you can. 4 1st-round picks + Joe Flacco should do it.

Meh. I don't think gutting their asset base is the way to go about it, they'd be smarter to go after a cheaper option and continue to stack the rest of their roster. I don't think Lamar is going anywhere, Rodgers would make sense considering the LaFleur connection but I don't think the Packers are going to move him either. 

Which leaves them with some intriguing options: Tom Brady/Jimmy Garoppolo via free agency or someone like Derek Carr via trade would make sense. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I don't think gutting their asset base is the way to go about it, they'd be smarter to go after a cheaper option and continue to stack the rest of their roster. I don't think Lamar is going anywhere, Rodgers would make sense considering the LaFleur connection but I don't think the Packers are going to move him either. 

Which leaves them with some intriguing options: Tom Brady/Jimmy Garoppolo via free agency or someone like Derek Carr via trade would make sense. 

Carr and Jimmy G would be the most valuable additions, but you also have to consider that Jimmy G is NOT an outside-throwing QB, so can he truly maximize the WR weapons they have if they're not just running slants all day? Who knows.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Carr and Jimmy G would be the most valuable additions, but you also have to consider that Jimmy G is NOT an outside-throwing QB, so can he truly maximize the WR weapons they have if they're not just running slants all day? Who knows.

That's true but he's a winner that's familiar with their coaching staff and scheme. I don't think that the Jets want to be a team that throws it around the yard anyways. Once Breece is back and their OL is healthy I'd imagine that they want to be a run heavy team just like the 49ers and we've seen guys like Deebo/Ayiuk have success with him under center. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but he's a winner that's familiar with their coaching staff and scheme. I don't think that the Jets want to be a team that throws it around the yard anyways. Once Breece is back and their OL is healthy I'd imagine that they want to be a run heavy team just like the 49ers and we've seen guys like Deebo/Ayiuk have success with him under center. 

I'd also imagine Jimmy would be a good mentor if they drafted another QB but that's just pure speculation because he's a veteran. I have no idea how he's done with Lance.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd also imagine Jimmy would be a good mentor if they drafted another QB but that's just pure speculation because he's a veteran. I have no idea how he's done with Lance.

From what I've read they have a good relationship. I'd be more curious to see what kind of deal he's going to get this offseason. SpoTrac has his market value at 4 yr/$108M ($26M APY).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All indications have been that there has been no issues. Has he helped Lance? I have no idea, but the relationship has at least been reported as being warm and friendly as opposed to frosty, and there were definitely no Big Ben "it's not my job to mentor him" moments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Funny how that works, huh? That dude (and others) were ALL OVER this place after they beat GB thinking they were the **** and Zach Wilson was "doing his job perfectly" (handing the ball off) while the Jets won those games.

All of a sudden Wilson is back to sucking (which he was also doing beforehand but now they're losing) and those guys disappear. 

It's like clockwork.

Who was saying that? I get you guys like to hate the Jets, for good reason. But Wilson really did nothing to beat Buffalo. The Jets win in spite of Zach Wilson 

19 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Who was saying that? I get you guys like to hate the Jets, for good reason. But Wilson really did nothing to beat Buffalo. The Jets win in spite of Zach Wilson 

KYDI tagged the poster who did a page or two back.

That type of stuff was definitely being said.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greene N White said:

I’d take Wilson over darnold in a heart beat personally. Everything besides Zach Wilson you’re saying besides the money also was true about Josh Allen. He was drafted strictly off of his rocket arm and ability to get out of the pocket. His production at Wyoming was very subpar. He actually panned out but hindsight is 20/20. He didn’t even throw for 2000 yards in his final year at Wyoming.

Stop comparing mediocre highly drafted QBs to Josh Allen challenge. (impossible)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Stop comparing mediocre highly drafted QBs to Josh Allen challenge. (impossible)

Look Josh Allen the prospect had issues but his tier of prospect was so far and above Wilson lol, Wilson played on a team with real NFL talent against effectively sun belt second stringers for 12 games, and this is with the value of hindsight now yes, but while Allen's SR year stats aren't great, they're still better than EVERY SINGLE WYOMING QUARTERBACK SINCE THEN BY A FAIRLY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT because it's Wyoming lmao. 

Allen had platform issues, he had a hitch in his windup, he used his legs a bit too much (still does), but Wilson had all of those while playing worse competition with a better team and even more glaring weaknesses in terms of his inability to work within the pocket and his complete and total inability to play under pressure. 

Josh Allen was a good prospect! He was the favorite to go #1 overall for months! If it wasn't a weird COVID year Wilson probably goes maybe mid-3rd round, right around Malik Willis project territory.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan
  • Like 1