GDT - Week 12 - We go to Minnesota (Happy Thanksgiving!)

Iron_man

401437859.png?templateId=espn.com.share.

This week we head to Minnesota on Thanksgiving to do battle with Kirk Cousins and the Vikings. We are currently 3-1 under BB on Thanksgiving day games. We all remember this great game. Too bad the Vikings aren't the Jets.

giphy.gif
The vikings come into this game after getting a huge beat down by the Cowboys and their great defense. I've seen them struggle against teams with good defenses like the eagles. They struggled against the dolphins pass rush. The vikings probably should have lost several close games this year.
I know we have struggled offensively due to the offensive line being patch work. That and having fat Matt as OC. The vikings defense is ranked 18th. By contrast we are ranked 3rd.

Reasons why we win. The vikings pass rush isn't as good as the Jets so our patch work offensive line does better. That opens up the opportunities for Mac, Stevenson, and Harris. Bill will take away Jefferson. Kurt will be feeling the pressure due to Wise Jr and Judon. The cowboys got 7 sacks with LT Christian Darrisaw in the game and he is not expected to make Thursday's game. I predict Patriots 21 to Vikings 10. If we don't get the offensive line settled its a closer game, but I feel we still take it. Maybe I'm too optimistic about this team, but I feel like we got a good shot for another win.
I got questions for ya. Which team scores first? Which team has more rushing yards? Who scores first in the second half? And who take the win? Also are you gonna watch the other two games earlier in the day? What's your favorite side dish to have on Thanksgiving? Also, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I didn't see the Cowboys.  How did Parsons do pressuring the QB.  IMO Judon is just as good when it comes to pressuring the QB.  IMO KK is a stat QB with pressure he folds like a chair!!!

I only saw a small amount of the game.. but they ran up the score and pinned their ears back going after the QB. 

Cousins turned into a pumpkin outside of 1PM and crumbled. Lots of Judon/Uche/Wise with some extra pressure from Dugger should turn him into Zach Wilson. They are a fraud 8-2 team. If the defense is for real, I think they should be able to win them this game even if the offense remains awful.

• Like 2

We all know BB hones in on stopping opposing teams’ top targets from producing against us. I have a really hard time convincing myself this year that that will be the case with Justin Jefferson. I believe we can contain Adam Thielen in the midst of his down year.. and honestly, I’d love to see Jack Jones take this matchup 1 on 1. At least early on.

I do have confidence the defense can contain Dalvin Cook this weekend…

Offensive line is really, really shaken up on a short week. Is DeVante Parker back?

a few predictions for the game…

I expect Jonnu Smith to be our most productive pass catcher, moving the chains often.

Tyquan Thornton will score a touchdown Thursday.

Nobody will give us a moment even close to Vince Wilfork eating that turkey leg vs Detroit on Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, m haynes said:

I didn't see the Cowboys.  How did Parsons do pressuring the QB.  IMO Judon is just as good when it comes to pressuring the QB.  IMO KK is a stat QB with pressure he folds like a chair!!!

Parsons forced Kirk to fumble on like the 3rd play of the game. Set their offense up for their first possession at the vikings 25.

Happy Thanksgiving all! 

Mrs Scottishpatriot is currently five days overdue with baby no. 2 so I may not be able to watch the game tonight if it all happens soon. 

I feel like we will absolutely gub the Vikings (Scots slang there for pwning).

I may be very wrong though. 

Edited by scottishpatriot
  • Like 1

Without looking, I doubt the Vikings have much success over us historically. However, I've had this penciled in as a loss for us since the start. Felt like 'that' kind of game

JJ is the type of receiver you probably can't stop ALL game. He may get behind at least once. Our offense can't seem to overcome any adversity, be it penalties, negative plays or getting behind. 

23 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

Happy Thanksgiving all! 

Mrs Scottishpatriot is currently five days overdue with baby no. 2 so I may not be able to watch the game tonight if it all happens soon. 

Good luck to you both! 

56 minutes ago, scottishpatriot said:

Happy Thanksgiving all! 

@scottishpatriot Congrat on #2, I have a name ------ Brady!!!!!🤣🤣

ADDED   or Hannah !!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Kirk has low key sucked this  year but they have won all these one score games miraculously so it’s  gone under the radar. They’re 8-2 but they don’t really do anything particularly well and in some cases even at an above average level 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

@scottishpatriot Congrat on #2, I have a name ------ Brady!!!!!🤣🤣

ADDED   or Hannah !!!!!

Hannah is a good shout. Still don't know if it is a boy or girl. Could always go for Vincent or Julian. My wife would have no idea they were all Pats names until I told everyone at the Christening. 

Will probably watch game after all as baby still doesn't want to show. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Kirk has low key sucked this  year but they have won all these one score games miraculously so it’s  gone under the radar. They’re 8-2 but they don’t really do anything particularly well and in some cases even at an above average level 

Cousins also the type of QB that BB has routinely feasted against.

But again, my biggest worry is them looking ahead to the Bills.

• Like 1