GDT - Week 12 - We go to Minnesota (Happy Thanksgiving!)

Iron_man

7 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I gather the Henry overturn, no flag on the return and the running into the kicker were the difference

They were many other reasons that contributed to the loss.  I would not let them off the hook with this lost. Here's just three, penalties, brutal mental mistakes and coaching.

Also on the lack of the no call was major on the kick return however Dugger still was at fault getting caught way inside. This was mentioned by the announcers, Dungy and Garrett.   Dugger also got burnt on a TD. He had IMO a horrible game.

Two  Turkey Bone award I would like to give out!!!!!!!!!!!  Myles Bryant and Pierre Strong.  It baffling that Bryant is not replaced by Marcus Jones. I don't want the hear the excuse that Bryant know the system.  Who  give a crap. So, he's a  ( Pats Defense) genus, he still can't make a play to save his life!!!!!

I'm still baffled how Dallas held them to 3 points and the Pats were destroyed by Jefferson.  Judon was double /tripled team where were the other guys!!!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I watched it until 26 all then skipped to the end to save myself some heartbreak. 

I gather the Henry overturn, no flag on the return and the running into the kicker were the difference.

However that would all be moot if the pass rush had showed up 

It's a shame because the Vikings were there to be had today. 

we're there to be had (or shoot ourselves in the feet) every week, and last year that's just what happened. we lost 6 or 8 games by one score. this year we're winning them.

luck? divine intervention? the difference really is O'Connell, and the way he motivates the team to see it through to the end.

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tough loss, but your run game and defense can vault your team into the playoffs. More game management from Mac Jones and your team will be just fine.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Losing stinks, but I'll take it if it means we beat Buffalo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Losing stinks, but I'll take it if it means we beat Buffalo.

Yesterday was worst case scenario, Buffalo won and we lost. Now, if we go to Buffalo and win next week that's great of course, but it makes you wonder what could have been with a win yesterday that was there for the taking. Just didn't come up big when it mattered most, frustrating.

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

we're there to be had (or shoot ourselves in the feet) every week, and last year that's just what happened. we lost 6 or 8 games by one score. this year we're winning them.

luck? divine intervention? the difference really is O'Connell, and the way he motivates the team to see it through to the end.

Yeah - people often use "Look at their record in one score games" as an insult both ways. Lots of losses - the team can't get it done; lots of wins - their record is deceiving.  Partly true, but there's no doubt being able to pull the win out shows great coaching and play at the end of games to get it done.  

Bill may have a great record against rookie QBs, but his Kryptonite is definitely former players as coaches, especially when they didn't start coaching under him. 

Good luck for the rest of the way. Rooting for you in the NFC to break the duck - much rather the Vikings than the Bills anyway! 😂

• Like 1

It isn't just the refs, we made some bone head decisions. The vikings had some lucky breaks that could have went the other way. I'll admit my prediction of the pass rush getting there was more hopeful than practical. I figured they'd double Judon but Wise Jr, Guy, and Uche should have made up for it. Especially on the left side, I think, where the vikings were down a starter linemen.

On the bright side of things, it was really good to see Mac slinging the ball left and right with confidence. We had ourselves a shoot out, which was a bit unexpected. He hit some hard passes. I still want to get rid of Agholor. The way he gave up a few passes and routes. Mills and Bryant are also on that let go list.

Congrats Vikings. My dad is a Vikings fan, but he's generally nice about it.

• Like 2

On Thursday, the Patriots:

*scored 25+ points
*gained 400+ yards
*outgained their opponent
*completed 70% of their passes
*had less than 60 penalty yards
*had 0 turnovers
*had 0 missed fg's

NFL teams in the Super Bowl era have been 170-0 when having those stats.

OpaSTATS.com

The Vikings are the only team in those 171 games to beat that streak.

Not trying to rub it in or anything (that game could have gone either way), just showing you how the Vikings have consistently defied expectations and odds this year.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:38 AM, m haynes said:

They were many other reasons that contributed to the loss.  I would not let them off the hook with this lost. Here's just three, penalties, brutal mental mistakes and coaching.

Also on the lack of the no call was major on the kick return however Dugger still was at fault getting caught way inside. This was mentioned by the announcers, Dungy and Garrett.   Dugger also got burnt on a TD. He had IMO a horrible game.

Two  Turkey Bone award I would like to give out!!!!!!!!!!!  Myles Bryant and Pierre Strong.  It baffling that Bryant is not replaced by Marcus Jones. I don't want the hear the excuse that Bryant know the system.  Who  give a crap. So, he's a  ( Pats Defense) genus, he still can't make a play to save his life!!!!!

I'm still baffled how Dallas held them to 3 points and the Pats were destroyed by Jefferson.  Judon was double /tripled team where were the other guys!!!!!

I will continue to post this weekly until a change has made, but it is insane to me that Bryant has still not been benched. He's good for a couple costly errors a week- how bad can Marcus Jones be? This year should be about continuing to develop the young guys, and I'm pretty certain Bryant aint it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

I will continue to post this weekly until a change has made, but it is insane to me that Bryant has still not been benched. He's good for a couple costly errors a week- how bad can Marcus Jones be? This year should be about continuing to develop the young guys, and I'm pretty certain Bryant aint it. 

It's going to hurt even more when they resign him this offseason lol ... I don't see what they see in him either. He's a nice guy to have as depth or on the practice squad.. but he's not a starter in this league.