Week 12: San Francisco 49ers vs New Orleans Saints

J-ALL-DAY

I don't even know what this is in response to, but I mentioned Rich's weird takes on Mitchell in the offseason. It was so damn weird how so many were hating in Mitchell when he was a damn good runner his rookie season until he got banged up late in the season. 

I hate how folks stick to agendas instead of evaluating what they see. Rich clearly watches a lot of film so there's no need for all of this.

And Greenlaw definitely doesn't suck…. Like at all lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adamq said:

I thought I saw Cam Jordan and Lattimore were coming back foe this game, has that been confirmed?

They are questionable but it does seem like they are getting a lot of their top guns for this game. 

So it won't be easy and we can't afford a sluggish performance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They are questionable but it does seem like they are getting a lot of their top guns for this game. 

So it won't be easy and we can't afford a sluggish performance. 

A sluggish performance is almost guaranteed, I think. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't even know what this is in response to, but I mentioned Rich's weird takes on Mitchell in the offseason. It was so damn weird how so many were hating in Mitchell when he was a damn good runner his rookie season until he got banged up late in the season. 

I hate how folks stick to agendas instead of evaluating what they see. Rich clearly watches a lot of film so there's no need for all of this.

And Greenlaw definitely doesn't suck…. Like at all lol. 

He named 4 people...not sure that Rich was wrong about 2 of them unless he said McG was good lol 

I know that last year the Al Shaair / Greenlaw discussion was a lively one on 49er twitter. Lot of people came down on the Al-Shaair side. 

Rich is hard to take sometimes. I try not to really talk with him all that often. I don't think he engages well.

I Like that he gives away the game film though. That's cool. 

3 hours ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Can't keep Jimmy even if he wins Super Bowl MVP, need to pay everyone else

You'd be surprised. Long term its not really a viable option...you have to pay the piper at some point... but if this team decided to go all in over the next two - three years with Jimmy G and this current roster, I could probably make it happen financially pretty easily. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

You'd be surprised. Long term its not really a viable option...you have to pay the piper at some point... but if this team decided to go all in over the next two - three years with Jimmy G and this current roster, I could probably make it happen financially pretty easily. 

Yeah they could if they wanted to, by redoing every deal each year, but they'd need to win big those years to justify sacrificing the cap room, more likely we let Jimmy walk, get a 3rd rd comp pick, Trey is the QB, they extend Bosa & Aiyuk the next 2 offseasons, then if Hufanga plays like he is, he gets a new deal before his deal expires after 2024.

• Like 1

Just now, 49erscap said:

Yeah they could if they wanted to, by redoing every deal each year, but they'd need to win big those years to justify sacrificing the cap room, more likely we let Jimmy walk, get a 3rd rd comp pick, Trey is the QB, they extend Bosa & Aiyuk the next 2 offseasons, then if Hufanga plays like he is, he gets a new deal before his deal expires after 2024.

Yep, I think so too. I think that they will bring in some sort of vet to back up Trey, I don't expect that to be Purdy next year, but I do think that's what happens moving forward. Lance + cheap vet backup with starting experience + Purdy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He named 4 people...not sure that Rich was wrong about 2 of them unless he said McG was good lol 

I know that last year the Al Shaair / Greenlaw discussion was a lively one on 49er twitter. Lot of people came down on the Al-Shaair side. 

Rich is hard to take sometimes. I try not to really talk with him all that often. I don't think he engages well.

I Like that he gives away the game film though. That's cool. 

1. Mitchell is good and does not suck as Rich claimed. 

2. Greenlaw is an impact player and is a big reason for why it is as good as it is and does not in fact suck. 

3. Not sure what he said about Tartt. 

4. Hufanga is a play maker and one of the few on the roster. He does in fact not suck, even with his high missed tackle rate. 

5. I don't know what he said about McGlinchey unless he claims he is good? If so, then yeah, I don't think Rich is right here either lol. If he said McGlinchey is mostly fine? He's not wrong.