QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Hang on, if Rogers is waiting on commitments from Lazard or Cobb, why wouldn't the Dolphins or Bills scoop all these guys up and overpay even? I'm not suggesting they are privy to that information, but Lazard is a guy I'd potentially overpay for to prevent Rogers from entertaining the Jets. Also, LTs potentially on the market, although it appears they like Bechton.

1 hour ago, WheatieMan said:

Hang on, if Rogers is waiting on commitments from Lazard or Cobb, why wouldn't the Dolphins or Bills scoop all these guys up and overpay even? I'm not suggesting they are privy to that information, but Lazard is a guy I'd potentially overpay for to prevent Rogers from entertaining the Jets. Also, LTs potentially on the market, although it appears they like Bechton.

Teams aren't interested in signing guys simply to spite division rivals. The only reason Lazard made the roster to begin with is because Rodgers told GB he wanted him. Same with Cobb. These guys weren't gonna get big money deals from any team.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

The trade or the Jets (or their fans) walking away?

Jets walking away. They’ve made it this far. Now bowing out now.

Also there’s really no way GB fans think he’s retiring still is there?

Or is this just GB fans being sour bc they know GB has pretty much no leverage. So they know the return package isn’t what they hoped.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jets walking away. They’ve made it this far. Now bowing out now. Also there’s really no way GB fans think he’s retiring still is there? Or is this just GB fans being sour bc they know GB has pretty much no leverage. So they know the return package isn’t what they hoped.

I dont know a GB fan that actually thought retirement was on the agenda. IMO it's been a ploy AR's used multiple times when contracts/extension conversations have come up.

From his perspective, it's a tool to limit potential trades in so much as nobody's gonna trade for a guy that's gonna retire. Not even the Jets are buying into it.

I want AR gone. It's time. Things have run their course in GB, his contract has gotten out of whack cap-wise and.....well, it's just time. I think I've seen enough of the guy and believe I've seen his ceiling...multiple times. If somehow he comes back (as odd at that would be at this stage....) - I'll hope for the best because I'm a fan of the Packers (not the player) and want them (collectively) to succeed.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know a GB fan that actually thought retirement was on the agenda. IMO it's been a ploy AR's used multiple times when contracts/extension conversations have come up.

From his perspective, it's a tool to limit potential trades in so much as nobody's gonna trade for a guy that's gonna retire. Not even the Jets are buying into it.

I want AR gone. It's time. Things have run their course in GB, his contract has gotten out of whack cap-wise and.....well, it's just time. I think I've seen enough of the guy and believe I've seen his ceiling...multiple times. If somehow he comes back (as odd at that would be at this stage....) - I'll hope for the best because I'm a fan of the Packers (not the player) and want them (collectively) to succeed.

In this is where a GB fan has no clue how to relate to a Jets fan. A franchise that has had a franchise QB for 30 years starlight thinks a team that hasn’t had one in 50+ years would back out of a potential deal for an elite QB (yes I think AR is still elite).

So since this is QB talk, what are our thoughts on the backup QB situation?

Is a veteran backup also on the wish list? Could we (should we) bring back someone like Teddy Bridgewater? Josh Johnson? What about a guy like Chase Daniel?

Also, do we have to draft a developmental guy or just go with Streveler as the No. 3 and revisit next year at this time?

Forget No. 2 for No. 2.  

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In this is where a GB fan has no clue how to relate to a Jets fan. A franchise that has had a franchise QB for 30 years starlight thinks a team that hasn’t had one in 50+ years would back out of a potential deal for an elite QB (yes I think AR is still elite).

To your point, Bobby, we have had ONE 4,000+ yard quarterback in the history of the franchise. Aaron Rodgers has had 10 seasons of 4,000+ yards all on his own.

Yeah this has been a long, drawn-out process. But let's not forget what exactly we are acquiring here.

We are finally getting HOPE.