QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Giving away this year's 13 overall pick in in the draft under any circumstances is out of the question. BAD ENOUGH WE GOT F- FOR THE FA PERIOD IN THS YEAR. And DON'T TELL ME ABOUT THAT STUMBLE bum that was push on us by the Rodgers Lasagna or whatever is name is. WITH THE DRAFT ONLY 4 WEEKS FROM NOW WE COULD BE MESSING WITH THIS PROBLEM TILL THE MIDDLE OF APRIL AT BEST.

Our FA was unaffected. We did our due diligence and ended up firm on going all in on AR. If anything GB has been the most hampered since his contract is still on their books.

Who at #13 are we going to pick up that means more to the team than AR? I don't get it. We are historically bad at drafting and haven't seen the playoffs since 2010. Let it go and take a real shot for an SB.

Trey Wingo talking

on

: Asked about the compensation: “I would be surprised if it’s a 1 or more than a 1.” How long might it take: “It’s going to be faster than you think. The same sources were telling me Aaron is going to be in New York next week.” When asked about the #Packers having leverage: “That leverage comes with a cost. Not getting picks you can use in this years draft to make your team better. How much of a distraction do you want Rodgers to become. If your the Packers you can say you can drag this out as long as you want but I don’t see how that helps you in the long run.”

45 minutes ago, Pugger said:

That would be great for NY but I can't think of many GMs who would let a future HOF QB go with so little compensation even if Rodgers only plays 2 more seasons.

Jason Peters, Tyron Smith are future HOF LTs. What do you think they’d go for? Nothing they’re FAs bc their teams can realize they’re not worth draft picks never mind a haul if a package.

You GB fans act like you’re trading a 34yr old star QB. Derek Carr who was 35 was offered a 3rd that LV would agree to. Let that sink in. 4 years younger and guaranteed to play for 4 years or so that is still a top 15 QB couldn’t even go for a 3rd. ARs last season wasn’t elite at all let’s keep in mind too. That’s not even bringing in all the dead cap that goes with him and likely only getting him for a year.

59 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We aren't missing out on FA. We have very little cap space this year to begin with. Free agency doesn't do very much for your team. We've had like 2 FA's be worth it in the last 5 years. i am fine with what we are doing. 

The only reason why we don't have money is because Rodgers & the Packers has our money tied up in the Rodgers deal. Just last year Douglas picked up five free agents alone, JR Reed, Conklin, TOMLISON, Whiehead,  Zuerlilen. If our money wasn't' tied up i am sure Douglas would have gotten us a FA or two.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Jason Peters, Tyron Smith are future HOF LTs. What do you think they’d go for? Nothing they’re FAs bc their teams can realize they’re not worth draft picks never mind a haul if a package.

You GB fans act like you’re trading a 34yr old star QB. Derek Carr who was 35 was offered a 3rd that LV would agree to. Let that sink in. 4 years younger and guaranteed to play for 4 years or so that is still a top 15 QB couldn’t even go for a 3rd. ARs last season wasn’t elite at all let’s keep in mind too. That’s not even bringing in all the dead cap that goes with him and likely only getting him for a year.

People always overhype what they will get in trades.

Joe Douglas is not a GM who throws draft picks away like nothing. 

Rodgers in his own words said there is no scenario where the Packers will say "the Jets didn't offer enough so we are running it back with you", he said the Packers need to do right and let him go. Thinking you'll get first round picks for a guy who might only play 1 year and you made known you don't want, is just insane to me.  

Honestly, I would trade maybe a 3rd or 4th with a conditional 2024 pick. Only way I give up a first is I would make it a condition that we reach the SB with Rodgers. Definitely would not give away the 13th overall, say we trade that pick, Rodgers gets injured and we gave away a starting NFL player for a guy who never plays for us. 

It needs to be based on conditions like Rodgers plays more than 1 year here, wins the division, throws for 4,000 yards, makes a SB kind of stuff.

We need to add starters still, Joe Douglas has stated that he wants to improve the OL so he needs assets for that. 

Edited by NYJets4716

Longer it goes on the lower I want us to make an offer. Swap 13 and 15. That equates to a late 3rd early 4th in value.

Then throw a conditional pick in 2024. Stars as a 4th. Goes to a 3rd if we make it to the AFCCG. Goes to a 2nd if we win a SB.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ok great job bob, tell these guys how it really is. More guys should be talking up about this one- sided trade.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Longer it goes on the lower I want us to make an offer. Swap 13 and 15. That equates to a late 3rd early 4th in value.

Then throw a conditional pick in 2024. Stars as a 4th. Goes to a 3rd if we make it to the AFCCG. Goes to a 2nd if we win a SB.

The Packers are going to be in a rush if they want a 2023 draft pick, draft is next month.  I just don't think the Packers will make this ugly and wait, I think they do right by Rodgers and grant his trade, take what they can get. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Packers are going to be in a rush if they want a 2023 draft pick, draft is next month.  I just don't think the Packers will make this ugly and wait, I think they do right by Rodgers and grant his trade, take what they can get. 

General board GB fans want them to drag it out to August thinking more teams might jump in last min or force our hand.  They are so blinded by what he was they are still thinking it's going to be 13 plus more.  So delusional. 

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

They already look bad. When did NE stop Brady from doing anything he wanted?

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

General board GB fans want them to drag it out to August thinking more teams might jump in last min or force our hand.  They are so blinded by what he was they are still thinking it's going to be 13 plus more.  So delusional. 

They think he’s done and is an issue with his year to year drama. Yet think he’s worth a 1st plus.

Makes absolute no sense.

8 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Talk about making things complicated.

Rodgers has just said he was 90% retired ffs. Why on earth would we be trading first round picks. Look at the **** show this offseason has been. No way if I’m JD I’m dealing with this next offseason and it being us front and centre of the drama.

Also the $15m cap hit is only because we would be spreading his contract out. His $50m per year is the highest qb number so don’t forget to leave that part out. 

I would offer a third round pick this year, and then a conditional pick next year based on if AR plays in 2024. 

NOTHING about this Rodgers' situation isn't complicated.  Hell, he's a complicated guy himself.  And you're also taking him at face value.  This was the same guy that said he was immunized rather than saying he was vaccinated.  He chooses his words purposefully.  And it's usually to mislead.  He's talked over and over again about legacy, and that he clearly values it highly.  Retiring with one team was something Favre wasn't able to do.  That mattered to him.  But it also mattered that the Packers were "shopping" him when he went into the retreat.

The Packers want value.  The Jets want protection.  That's about as close to meeting in the middle as we're going to get.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They already look bad. When did NE stop Brady from doing anything he wanted?

It really is pathetic as a organization to treat a star like that. Bush league stuff.  Just let him go, you want to move on, so does he. Just move on and everyone gets on with their lives. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

We aren't missing out on FA. We have very little cap space this year to begin with. Free agency doesn't do very much for your team. We've had like 2 FA's be worth it in the last 5 years. i am fine with what we are doing. 

This.  The notion that the Rodgers' trade is hampering the Jets' FA plans is mind boggling.

• Like 1

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

It really is pathetic as a organization to treat a star like that. Bush league stuff.  Just let him go, you want to move on, so does he. Just move on and everyone gets on with their lives. 

By that logic, every time a player asks to be traded they should forget their priorities and trade him for a bag of peanuts?  If Quinnen Wiliams called up Joe Douglas and said he wanted to be traded, would you be happy if they traded him for a conditional Day 3 pick?  Hell no.

• Like 1