QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The picks have a value attached to them already. Bc there's conditions to them.

Future picks don't hold value when there's no conditions. But when they do. There's 100% value to them.

It's no different than the time value of money.  $100 today isn't the same as $100 2 years from now.  Why would anyone in their right mind rather have $100 2 years from now as opposed to today?  You have to account for the fact that those draft picks aren't useable for the foreseeable.  Honestly, I'm not even sure how that's debatable.

If you don't believe me, go look at previous draft day trades involving future picks.

2022:
NE/CAR: #94 for #137, 2023 3rd Round Pick
CLE/MIN: #118 for #156, 2023 4th Round Pick

That's just 2 quick examples from last year's draft where a team traded out of that round for a pick in the same round a year from now, and that team that traded out of that spot acquired an additional pick to "match" values.

I really hope we didn't make this move with the intention of dealing both seconds for Rodgers. Would suck to not have a pick in either of rounds two or three. 

Would have rather just gotten the browns third instead of swapping picks.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's no different than the time value of money.  $100 today isn't the same as $100 2 years from now.  Why would anyone in their right mind rather have $100 2 years from now as opposed to today?  You have to account for the fact that those draft picks aren't useable for the foreseeable.  Honestly, I'm not even sure how that's debatable.

If you don't believe me, go look at previous draft day trades involving future picks.

2022:
NE/CAR: #94 for #137, 2023 3rd Round Pick
CLE/MIN: #118 for #156, 2023 4th Round Pick

That's just 2 quick examples from last year's draft where a team traded out of that round for a pick in the same round a year from now, and that team that traded out of that spot acquired an additional pick to "match" values.

There’s exact conditions attached to the picks though. A future pick of a 3rd rounder has less value. But when that 3rd rounder has a condition with it where you’d know exactly where it would be in the draft, that changes it completely. With the conditions of the trade. You know exactly where those picks would be. If we win the SB we know that is pick 32 it’s not just a future 1st. We make the AFCCG we know that’s pick 61 or 62. Etc. There’s an exact value to the picks.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

I really hope we didn't make this move with the intention of dealing both seconds for Rodgers. Would suck to not have a pick in either of rounds two or three. 

Would have rather just gotten the browns third instead of swapping picks.

I wouldn’t sweat that

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dealing-packers-time-jets-act-142438210.html

This is pretty good and what I have been saying. The Jets need to step up and say F  U GB take it or leave it.

Ah yes, FO for one of the worst run franchises in the NFL should talk down to one of the best run FO. Enjoy not making the playoffs for the 13th year in a row since you wanna act "New York"(even though you're located in Jersey)

4 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Ah yes, FO for one of the worst run franchises in the NFL should talk down to one of the best run FO. Enjoy not making the playoffs for the 13th year in a row since you wanna act "New York"(even though you're located in Jersey)

FARRRRRR from one of the best run FO. You're a franchise that got lucky with 2 franchise QBs. You don't have Favre and Rodgers and GB likely doesn't even have a team anymore.

Enjoy Jordan Love

11 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Say what you want.  Then go back and read that article again.  Then imagine your roster with a $58M QB that doesn't want to be there anymore.  I hope we go past the draft.  Give Love less weapons and your front office sweating out this situation.  You forget that while Rodgers said he wants to play here and we would welcome him with open arms there are other options.  The Rams still want to move Stafford and Lamar is not signing his tag.  Lamar can drag his situation out until July so it would cost us 24 and 25 picks.  Why would we give you the same that we could go for a 26 year old?  I think your fan base and FO may have overestimated the position.

Edited by NYJETS52

23 hours ago, Leader said:

Nothing should be tied to a Jets SB appearance. The odds are that remain very long.

Yea. I can’t see the conditions being that high either. Probably it becomes a 1st with Rodgers playing 80% and the Jets making it to the divisional rounds or maybe AFCC.