QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d prefer the holdup to be about compensation rather than Rodgers being unsure if he still wants to play football.

Me too because we don’t want a guy with one foot in and one foot out but Green Bay had to be comfortable enough to allow us to talk. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Me too because we don’t want a guy with one foot in and one foot out but Green Bay had to be comfortable enough to allow us to talk. 

Why wouldn’t Green Bay allow them to talk though? By all accounts they want to move on 

18 minutes ago, Big T said:

Before getting permission to talk to Rodger's I believe the parameters have been met including compensation that the Jets and Packers could agree on.

What remains unclear at this juncture is if AR is willing to become a Jet for at the least 2 years. The positives are knowing Hackett's system he wouldn't have to change anything and clearly he and Hackett are close. 

I suspect AR will be a Jet, and AR can't play this thing out. He has to come to a decision soon.

Otherwise If I'm the Jets knowing that LJ is available, they have to make a run at him ASAP.

For the love of God NOOOOOO!!! I would be so mad at this. This would kill the franchise for the next 5 years. He is not that good anymore. He has missed 5 games last year and 5 game before. His throwing is getting worse not better. The D's in the NFL can handle him now. Then you add you will lose 2023 and 2024 first round draft picks and sign him to a bigger contract than Watson. This is just plan Gross!! I would take Baker, Jimmy G, Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, Mike White, and pretty much anyone else beside Zach Wilson over him. These other guys would be really cheap and then you use those 2 first round picks to move up high in next years draft to get a QB. 

19 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Greeny is an idiot for even going on there and lying. No way in hell Green Bay would allow us to collude with Rodgers before already agreeing to the framework for a deal.

My guess is he only is saying that as a frustrated fan that we don’t have a QB yet. And is “assuming” why he hasn’t already signed, is bc trade compensation is far apart.

Where my thinking is more along the line of that there’s no way GB lets him visit with us without either 1. Already having an exact deal in place. 2. Knowing they’re at least in the same ballpark.

As you’re saying. I’d they didn’t have a trade worked out. Rodgers and Jets have a HUGE advantage now and GB trade value for him plummets.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

For the love of God NOOOOOO!!! I would be so mad at this. This would kill the franchise for the next 5 years. He is not that good anymore. He has missed 5 games last year and 5 game before. His throwing is getting worse not better. The D's in the NFL can handle him now. Then you add you will lose 2023 and 2024 first round draft picks and sign him to a bigger contract than Watson. This is just plan Gross!! I would take Baker, Jimmy G, Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan, Mike White, and pretty much anyone else beside Zach Wilson over him. These other guys would be really cheap and then you use those 2 first round picks to move up high in next years draft to get a QB. 

People need to understand no one is engaging with Lamar Jackson until he re evaluates his demands 

34 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Woody's 2 daughters aren't married?  Interesting.  Why not pimp either for Rodgers. lol.

i THOUGHT I WAS READY TO SNAP, THAT IS THE BEST IDEA ANYBODY HAS CAME UP WITH IN WEEKS. I WILL DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THAT 13 OVER PICK IN THE DRAFT.

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My guess is he only is saying that as a frustrated fan that we don’t have a QB yet. And is “assuming” why he hasn’t already signed, is bc trade compensation is far apart.

Where my thinking is more along the line of that there’s no way GB lets him visit with us without either 1. Already having an exact deal in place. 2. Knowing they’re at least in the same ballpark.

As you’re saying. I’d they didn’t have a trade worked out. Rodgers and Jets have a HUGE advantage now and GB trade value for him plummets.

Rodgers can't sign. 

Packers allowing Rodgers to talk with Jets doesn't necessarily mean the trade is in place.  That could be either way.   Everything is hung up because Rodgers has yet to confirm his indication to playing another season.

Jets have no advantage. Nor have Packers.

20 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

i THOUGHT I WAS READY TO SNAP, THAT IS THE BEST IDEA ANYBODY HAS CAME UP WITH IN WEEKS. I WILL DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THAT 13 OVER PICK IN THE DRAFT.

Then we will face criminal charges whatever they are.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why wouldn’t Green Bay allow them to talk though? By all accounts they want to move on 

They still have to be okay with the compensation. Same way Houston made teams submit offers before talking to Watson and New Orleans submitted an offer to Vegas before meeting with Carr. 

I just can’t see the hang up as trade compensation.

Thats not how the NFL works. You don’t let a guy under contract go looking for another team when he’s yours without knowing what that team would give you.

Recent examples of this were NO agreeing to a trade with LV to let him visit before he was cut. 
Something that was close to us even was Tyreke Hill last year. KC had to accept trade compensation for him 1st. They accepted both MIA and our offer and let Hill decide which he preferred. He didn’t get to go pick his team and then negotiate a trade. Compensation always is agreed to before letting your player test trade ideas.

The wait is Rodgers deciding Jets or retirement pretty much. And I see no way he retires. Too much free money out there for him to keep playing. And to retire the same year as Brady I think is even bigger. I also thinks he for sure wants a couple more shots at a SB ring. He’s not happy with just 1 from a decade ago.

• Like 1